I wrote a long letter to RIM about customer loyalty and the email bounced back with the message
    "Action Required: Please submit BlackBerry inquiry via approved channel A passing comment on customer loyalty"

Its not they are not listening - they actively refuse to! The arrogance is amazing. Bye RIM- off to android. You deserve your shrinking market share.
    08-05-10 12:57 AM
    Who did you send it to?
    08-05-10 06:14 AM
    I wrote a long letter to RIM about customer loyalty and the email bounced back with the message
    "Action Required: Please submit BlackBerry inquiry via approved channel A passing comment on customer loyalty"

Its not they are not listening - they actively refuse to! The arrogance is amazing. Bye RIM- off to android. You deserve your shrinking market share.
    If you decide to send a "long letter" to the maker's of android, let us know how rapidly they responded to you.
    08-05-10 06:22 AM
    WOW my experience was very different with RIM customer service,
    I called on a Sunday afternoon, my Carrier's Customer support doesn't work Sundays' so I have been told and so the website tells me, I call RIM as a ditch effort and the girl on the other end says to me,

"I see your phone was purchased though Carrier X, they are required to provide this type of support, would you like me to contact them on your behalf? and hold?"
    I said their offices are closed
    "I have a direct line, they provide 7 days support for RIM devices, let me get them for you"

She did get them for me, they did help me out mostly, the Carrier guy was not nearly as pleasant as the RIM girl, but all in all I was helped out and I had a working phone monday morning.
    08-05-10 07:25 AM
    It's extremely easy to contact them...

Research In Motion - Contact
    08-05-10 07:26 AM
    Nothings works, until you learn the correct way to do things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 09:02 AM
    I used the links Finewolf showed when I sent the letter. Calling is out of the question as I'm in Australia. Most companies have an email address where you can at least send an email such as the one I sent. If you read the contact page you'll find there is really only one option - and that is [email protected]. There is no other relevant email address shown

I do know how to approach most corporates. I stand by my statement that RIM are unapproachable.
    08-05-10 04:20 PM
    If you want to contact Research in Motion, the best way to do so is through these channels:

(519) 888-7884 (direct telephone line, Intl rates MAY apply)

or simply e-mail them [email protected]

alternatively you can TRY to fax them something at (519) 888-7884 (same warning as above applies here)
    08-05-10 04:29 PM
    But that's exactly the email address I used. And I got the message in my first post with my email bounced.
    Like I said ringing is near impossible as I'm in Australia

Its too late anyway. I just wanted to pass on constructive feedback as to why I have now left BB. If they are not listening there's probably no point
    08-05-10 05:30 PM
    Every time I have had to contact RIM it has been pleasent and easy.
    08-05-10 06:31 PM
    Did you ever consider that there may be other reasons that your letter bounced back? Like maybe the fact that it was too long? I know when I contact a corporation that you got to keep it short and sweet to get their attention. It is almost imposible to try and find an individual e-mail address. Heck, I work for a company that has over 200,000 employees, yet if you wanted customer service there is a generic e-mail. That is how companies do things. Before you get all bent out of shape at RIM why don't you try a little tact first.
    08-06-10 02:15 AM
    Its an automated response from a mail server- not a human. The letter was three paragraphs long and very polite. I've since sent a short 3 line email and it also bounced with exactly the same message

The fact is that RIM have set up this address to automatically bounce and point you back to your carrier - as they obviously get many requests for tech help that the carriers are responsible for from this address- fair enough. But there is no email address supplied for consumer feedback (apart from website feedback).

I haven't posted the letter here as there is no point - RIM doesn't read this forum. And they don't want to read email either......

As I said- I don't care anymore. RIM can go the way of Palm. But in my small business customer feedback is crucial - and I think it is in RIMs case too
    08-06-10 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD