It does. Along with other sites.
    If that is true, you would be the first!

Really. I don't feel the need to get all broken up because I can't watch a youtube video perfectly. Come on.
    No need to get broken up, but if you're online would you rather it simulated a PC experience or not?
    11-07-09 04:55 PM
    I had to try. Considering I go to YouTube on my BB pretty much... never. Anyway, I watched the vid "Unsustained Desires", and it streamed just fine. HD quality, no, as good as on my MBP, no. Acceptable for a phone, for me, yes. I guess if YouTube HD functionality is a critical component in your decision making process when buying a phone, the Droid trumps the S2 in this regard.
    11-07-09 04:57 PM
    If that is true, you would be the first!

No need to get broken up, but if you're online would you rather it simulated a PC experience or not?

I guess it would depend on what I am watching. I watch more movies and news feeds more than anything else. But, like I said as long as the feed is good and signal, I really don't see any difference.
    11-07-09 04:57 PM
    Youtube on the iPhone/Touch doesn't look any different than on the Storm. It's hit or miss on both phones. If you have a good feed and a strong signal, wifi or not, you will get a good picture.
    Sorry, u don't know what u are talking about. youtube video on Touch is very smooth and is higher res. The difference is dramatic.
    11-07-09 04:58 PM
    Sorry, u don't know what u are talking about. youtube video on Touch is very smooth and is higher res. The difference is dramatic.
    Has nothing to do whether I know what I am talking about or not. No offense, but when I say this has not been my experiance with the iPhone or 9550, you will just have to take my word for it I guess. Or not.

This seems to be the same old argument when people stated someone was lying when they didn't have problems with the S1. Again, that wasn't my experiance there either.
    Last edited by jbdale; 11-07-09 at 08:11 PM.
    11-07-09 05:02 PM
    Well,
    I have a Itouch and a Storm 2 and the quality on both is exactly the same through wifi no difference between either.
    11-07-09 05:25 PM
    You can watch the HQ videos from the mobile site YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., they recently added support. Also check out an app called Vision For Youtube it also supports pulls the higher resolution videos. Home - Vision for YouTube - Metova, Inc.
    11-07-09 05:32 PM
    Wow! Some people so NO difference between an iPod/iPhone on WiFi and a Storm/Storm II on WiFi? Interesting...
    11-07-09 05:55 PM
    Wow! Some people so NO difference between an iPod/iPhone on WiFi and a Storm/Storm II on WiFi? Interesting...
    maybe they are watching lame homemade videos on youtube instead of a professionally shot video clip (like a music video)? Or they need new glasses or cataract surgery.
    11-07-09 07:54 PM
    lame homemade videos

I prefer these. More entertaining and less commitment.

So would you suggest I take the iPhone back so I can experiance watching these videos in high quality detail? Wouldn't suprise me, I'm on my second iPhone.
    Last edited by jbdale; 11-07-09 at 08:12 PM.
    11-07-09 08:10 PM
    I can tell you this; I have a S2 9550, an S1 9530, and a 1st gen Itouch 8gb. Watching the SAME video on all of them (S2 using mobile youtube site over WiFi, S1 using Youtube app from google using 3G network, and Itouch using YouTube app over WiFi). I can see NO difference WHATSOEVER... From what I have seen, the screens on the storms is a pretty high quality screen... and FYI, the res. on the S2 screen is 360x480, and the res on the Itouch screen is 320x480... So the res on the S2 is higher than an Itouch.
    11-07-09 08:13 PM
    I can tell you this; I have a S2 9550, an S1 9530, and a 1st gen Itouch 8gb. Watching the SAME video on all of them (S2 using mobile youtube site over WiFi, S1 using Youtube app from google using 3G network, and Itouch using YouTube app over WiFi). I can see NO difference WHATSOEVER... From what I have seen, the screens on the storms is a pretty high quality screen... and FYI, the res. on the S2 screen is 360x480, and the res on the Itouch screen is 320x480... So the res on the S2 is higher than an Itouch.
    I will say this. Movies and TV shows look far better on the iPhone than they do on the S1 or S2. However, the Storm 1 and 2 has better sound quality. Sound in a movie is for me more important than the overall picture. The iPhone doesn't do as good a job in delivering ambient sound or handle loud sounds such as explosions etc as the S1 and 2.
    11-07-09 08:19 PM
    the issue is not the screen--it's the stream sent to the respective devices.

Movies I have made from DVD's and copied to both devices look excellent. in fact, the S2's screen has deeper blacks and more vivid color than the Touch screen, so for movie files saved to the SD card, I prefer the S2. The same holds true for the S1--it looks better than the Touch for my movies, but looks horrible for youtube video.
    11-07-09 08:19 PM
    The Touch/iPhone has 16m compared to the Storm's 65k. More color and higher resolution. Maybe I do need glasses.
    Last edited by jbdale; 11-07-09 at 10:45 PM.
    11-07-09 09:47 PM
    I got to say youtube with wiring on the Droid is amazing. With out the wiring it looks like garbage. Now I see why you guys make such a deal with wifi. Anything else better on wifi than 3G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 04:42 PM
    I got to say youtube with wiring on the Droid is amazing. With out the wiring it looks like garbage. Now I see why you guys make such a deal with wifi. Anything else better on wifi than 3G.

Pretty much anything that is data intensive is going to be better over WiFi.
    11-08-09 04:46 PM
    I am a s1 owner still because I've never had problems with my unit. Watching youtube vids depends on my signal which is usually strong here in nyc. Also I do get HD. Not all videos in HD but I believe that's youtube's problem...

11-08-09 05:37 PM
    Does anyone know why I can't access my youtube favorites from S2 in WiFi mode? I can access them through my computer using WiFi connection to the same network but not through S2.

Thanks for any suggestions!!
    11-08-09 05:52 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD