The 128 gb sd card is specifically designed for use in android devices and this is stupid of them.
    Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-25-14 06:13 PM
    I thought the Z10 could only use up to the 64GB anyway?
    sachmalh likes this.
    02-25-14 06:15 PM
    Yeah. And Google is making it hard to used sd cards in android devices now with kit kat

02-25-14 06:26 PM
    Yeah. And Google is making it hard to used sd cards in android devices now with kit kat

This is the part I don't understand. I thought Google is open to everything?
    stackberry369, raino and MERCDROID like this.
    02-25-14 06:29 PM
    We don't know that it isn't compatible, actually. Considering that the BB10 devices use chipsets that are in use in recent Android hardware, it may well support it. Until we know for sure, I'd classify this as "concern trolling".
    02-25-14 06:30 PM
    to be fair a micro sd card cant stop itself being used by a specific system that has the ability to read micro sd cards otherwise it wouldnt work in a mac, pc or it wouldnt play nice with more obscure android tablets and phones so its probably compatible.

theyre most likely trying to promo their 128gb micro sd cards to sell an extra tonne off the back of samsungs launch which is advertising their s5 is officially 128gb capable whereas blackberry and older android devices are only officially 32gb capable despite unofficially supporting 64gb cards and iphone and windows phone (correct me if im wrong, only used a 925 before) dont even use micro sd cards so why risk advertising for a small mobile company (blackberry) who dont officially support their cards and risk complaints about them not working at all
    DJJeff, gfondeur and app_Developer like this.
    02-25-14 06:34 PM
    to be fair a micro sd card cant stop itself being used by a specific system that has the ability to read micro sd cards otherwise it wouldnt work in a mac, pc or it wouldnt play nice with more obscure android tablets and phones so its probably compatible.

theyre most likely trying to promo their 128gb micro sd cards to sell an extra tonne off the back of samsungs launch which is advertising their s5 is officially 128gb capable whereas blackberry and older android devices are only officially 32gb capable despite unofficially supporting 64gb cards
    Read the article. ..SanDisk said that the 128 gb sd card is specifically designed for use in android devices.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    02-25-14 06:36 PM
    We don't know that it isn't compatible, actually. Considering that the BB10 devices use chipsets that are in use in recent Android hardware, it may well support it. Until we know for sure, I'd classify this as "concern trolling".
    I'm not trolling.

02-25-14 06:38 PM
    Read the article. ..SanDisk said that the 128 gb sd card is specifically designed for use in android devices.

What article?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:39 PM
    What article?

Posted via CB10
    http://9to5google.com/2014/02/24/sam...dsoruce_bottom

02-25-14 06:40 PM

i did read the article, the point im making is that iphone and windows phone are out anyway, no point advertising compatibility with platforms that dont have slots, so its literally between android which has the only OFFICIALLY 128gb capable devices and blackberry a company that advertises their devices being OFFICIALLY 32gb, why risk complaints and returns if these cards dont work in a blackberry? itd be their own fault as blackberry only advocate 32gb. yes we can run 64gb UNOFFICIALLY so 128gb will hypothetically work but sandisk has a reputation for selling decent quality cards that work and arent fakes or a gamble, why risk ruining a reputation on unofficial for a brand new card they want to sell a tonne of at top price from people becoming uncertain and deciding to wait after a few thousand bb users complain.

i dont think its a bias against blackberry in the slightest
    02-25-14 06:43 PM
    How is Kit Kat making it hard for micro SD cards to be used?
    02-25-14 06:59 PM
    Should be rfc for SD cards. I'm sure BlackBerry10 can read it

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:13 PM

Soo...that means PC's, Macs & others can't read or write to this new card?

Lot of use that will be if true - LMAO
    02-25-14 07:25 PM
    How is Kit Kat making it hard for micro SD cards to be used?
    Kit Kat restricts writes to external SD from 3rd party apps making it useless in many instances. Ostensibly its to make file management easier but others point to Google's desire to push cloud storage.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    02-25-14 07:27 PM
    This whole thread has me scratching my head... lol
    Even SanDisk Shuns BlackBerry-englishplz.gif
    kbz1960, BCITMike and MERCDROID like this.
    02-25-14 07:29 PM
    The 128 gb sd card is specifically designed for use in android devices and this is stupid of them.
    I have a sandisk class 10 sd card designed for "android smartphones"
    and it works like charm on my z10

so I think this just a marketing ****, they just use the name of the most popular one,
    Thunderbuck and MERCDROID like this.
    02-25-14 07:37 PM
    No one knows yet but 10.2.1 includes support for exFat. It even pulls down and installs new drivers on the fly. And SanDisk saying it's designed for Android is just well, stupid lol.
    Carjackd, kirshan and MERCDROID like this.
    02-25-14 07:43 PM

And it was read somewhere that the myan calendar ending would also be the end of the world..... PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!!!! ESPECIALLY IN THE ADVERTISING WORLD!!!!!
    Thunderbuck and gfondeur like this.
    02-25-14 08:26 PM
    Marketing I would say, since Android was still popular nowadays, knowing the integrity also of SanDisk of course they advertise what they tested works.

We couldn't blame them, since BlackBerry doesn't claim as well that they could support that capacity FOR NOW!

Just my two cent, what will you do with a mobile device with too much storage on it? As to my case, I still prefer backing up my files in an external drive which I could keep in my closet. (That's the safest security I could ever had)

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    kirshan likes this.
    02-25-14 08:40 PM
    microSD is an open standard. BlackBerry 10 has all the right drivers and hardware, in theory there's no reason for the card not to work in a BlackBerry 10 device. The only reason BlackBerry has listed support for "up to 64GB" in the past is because 128GB cards haven't existed until now.

The reason they're saying it was designed for Android is most likely because Android is the only popular OS to have microSD support. iOS doesn't have it, Windows Phone doesn't have it, and BlackBerry 10 is unfortunately too small to be acknowledged most of the time.

Edit: Actually, a bit of research shows that a select few Windows Phone devices have had microSD support in the past. However, Windows Phone is pretty small too, so SanDisk may well have failed to acknowledge them as well. It certainly doesn't help that none of the Lumia flagships seem to carry microSD slots however.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-25-14 08:48 PM
    I have a sandisk class 10 sd card designed for "android smartphones"
    and it works like charm on my z10

so I think this just a marketing ****, they just use the name of the most popular one,
    Yea. The one I bought from CB has a big picture of the android dude on it... been using it since z10 launch (feb5)

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-25-14 09:13 PM
    It'll work on BlackBerry too. Nobody designs for BlackBerry yet everything works flawlessly with BlackBerry. Pretty cool!
    Thunderbuck and MERCDROID like this.
    02-25-14 09:15 PM

Probably because the S5 is the only phone that supports it for now.
    02-25-14 10:01 PM
    i did read the article, the point im making is that iphone and windows phone are out anyway, no point advertising compatibility with platforms that dont have slots, so its literally between android which has the only OFFICIALLY 128gb capable devices and blackberry a company that advertises their devices being OFFICIALLY 32gb, why risk complaints and returns if these cards dont work in a blackberry? itd be their own fault as blackberry only advocate 32gb. yes we can run 64gb UNOFFICIALLY so 128gb will hypothetically work but sandisk has a reputation for selling decent quality cards that work and arent fakes or a gamble, why risk ruining a reputation on unofficial for a brand new card they want to sell a tonne of at top price from people becoming uncertain and deciding to wait after a few thousand bb users complain.

i dont think its a bias against blackberry in the slightest

Well said!!! stackberry369 sounds definitely a like troll post if he cannot understand basic specs of a phone. Here's a quick spec BlackBerry Z10 Specs - BlackBerry Touch Screen Display Specs - Canada . It's like saying my refrigerator won't take an LED bulb when it supports fluorescent.

Next thing you will see are posts him shunning devices that do not have expandable memory :|
    02-25-14 10:11 PM
32 12