I wouldn't consider it an argument...I'm not trying to persuade anyone to adopt my beliefs. I am however offering algorithms which hopefully will enlighten a select few on the benefits of accepting "the lifestyle" which is Blackberry. So I happily disagree with you mate my time spent on CBis productive.

Not to mention I use the Marketplace which provides the opportunity for monetary gains as well using the entire CB Forum in which I build a network with a select few. As I alluded to in my previous post these are methodical efforts on my end to be productive.
    It drives me nuts when I can't tell if people are serious. "" the lifestyle" which is Blackberry"???????
    08-07-15 12:39 AM
    It drives me nuts when I can't tell if people are serious. "" the lifestyle" which is Blackberry"???????

I'm disappointed that you would piggy back on that phrase
    when factually I was using the term in a general sense.
    Maybe the improper word for the occasion but you get my drift mate.
    BB is a brand,it's a culture, it's a lifestyle accept it or not but every
    major wireless company spends hundred of thousands and even millions per year to drawn in a specific kind of consumer, as consumes we are essentially buying into a lifestyle.
    08-07-15 12:47 AM

I'm disappointed that you would piggy back on that phrase
    when factually I was using the term in a general sense.
    Maybe the improper word for the occasion but you get my drift mate.
    BB is a brand,it's a culture, it's a lifestyle accept it or not but every
    major wireless company spends hundred of thousands and even millions per year to drawn in a specific kind of consumer, as consumes we are essentially buying into a lifestyle.
    It's a phone.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-07-15 12:56 AM
    It's a phone.

I generally like to agree with people but not at the cost of denying
    the truth....To keep it short and sweet if it was simply a phone
    we wouldn't have a forum like CB which allows us to discuss
    a variety of topics. The lack of apps is a topic probably most
    discussed amongst the CB forum,which in effect would tell you
    these simply aren't phones. They're mini cpu's...I'm sorry for
    answering you this way but I must be clear about my POV.
    08-07-15 01:33 AM
    I'm even productive while asleep, because I have a Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    You can count on that... :-)

�   Qchen, fixed & back from dead!! :-)   �
    08-07-15 07:35 AM
    Blackberry was a lifestyle many years ago. I would disagree that it is any more. A niche at best.
    As far as productivity, to each their own. Since 99.7% of the world is being pretty productive without a Blackberry, that argument doesn't hold water. A person is productive, their choice of phone is merely one tool of many they use to meet their expectations.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jallister like this.
    08-07-15 07:37 AM
    As long as BlackBerry makes a PKB phone it will have me as a customer. Of course I would prefer having a choice between a Android based version and BB10 version. BB10 would more than likely win out for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-07-15 07:47 AM
    I tried all touch for about a year and went back to the Q10 and now the Classic. I love OS10, and I especially love having a physical keyboard. So, yes I will be buying a PKB for as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    Go hybrid and try the Passport!
    : )

(silver edition? , haha)

nicky_willz likes this.
    08-07-15 07:52 AM
    Even if BlackBerry does android, people will stay for the KEYBOARD
    And maybe some or many won't.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-07-15 08:30 AM

When I use my cell phone it's strictly for being productive or handling business Emails,product info,work related research/discussions. In that regard I'm achieving High Production....BB offers highly sufficient solutions for an individual such as myself.

I spend a considersble amount of time improving and strengthening my skillsetIn my respective profession which has led directly to increased monetary gains for Myself so I would consider my time well spent. If One isn't going to wake up and be As productive as One can be,why wake up?

OK so what if a business wants people to ahead a Cisco Jabber client in the phone for voice and VTC access to the mobile workforce? Is this not productivity? What about a full and capable Microsoft Office Suite (Docs to Go isn't that)? There are tons of business and productivity apps available in the other platforms that allow the users of those apps to be productive beyond email, which those other phones can do too. A $600 phone has to be able to do far more than just email and BBM in today's business environment, and BlackBerry's competition can do both of those things now anyway.

Posted via Z30
    TgeekB and jallister like this.
    08-07-15 09:01 AM

I generally like to agree with people but not at the cost of denying
    the truth....To keep it short and sweet if it was simply a phone
    we wouldn't have a forum like CB which allows us to discuss
    a variety of topics. The lack of apps is a topic probably most
    discussed amongst the CB forum,which in effect would tell you
    these simply aren't phones. They're mini cpu's...I'm sorry for
    answering you this way but I must be clear about my POV.
    Phone, mini-CPU whatever; it isn't a lifestyle. What does lifestyle even mean in this context? The bottom line is that BB devices are missing or very limited in important productivity apps. If you define productivity as checking email, BB is okay. Much more than that and they are avery limited.
    08-07-15 01:00 PM
    I think the keyboard is the biggest factor of BlackBerry. It is with me. There are many other things that I like about bb10, but the keyboard, both on the classic and passport are the best.

Who's with me?
    Anything else > Android + Keyboard

(And I love the keyboard)
    08-07-15 03:11 PM
    I think the keyboard is the biggest factor of BlackBerry. It is with me. There are many other things that I like about bb10, but the keyboard, both on the classic and passport are the best.

Who's with me?
    Not I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Passport is not available at my carrier, I have never even seen one in person. And the Classic looks like a sick little puppy compared the the beautiful slab phones like the Note 4 and the LG G4.
    Sorry. A keyboard is exactly what will make me LEAVE blackberry! I found a new Android phone today that I will buy if there will be no successor to my Z30.
    08-07-15 07:19 PM
    Not I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Passport is not available at my carrier, I have never even seen one in person. And the Classic looks like a sick little puppy compared the the beautiful slab phones like the Note 4 and the LG G4.
    Sorry. A keyboard is exactly what will make me LEAVE blackberry! I found a new Android phone today that I will buy if there will be no successor to my Z30.
    Dam...I sure hope your drive to 100K post count will not be affected...
    08-07-15 08:05 PM
    The keyboard is helpful. It could help the device live longer than other touchscreen devices. BB should really keep this going.
    08-07-15 08:58 PM
    Go hybrid and try the Passport!
    : )

(silver edition? , haha)

Ikr! Soooo tempted. Gorgeous device. Love my Classic tho. Darn phone is tough. Abused and used, lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:29 PM
    There is certainly a market for physical KB. I believe that market is very very small. Now I could be wrong and seeing as Physical keyboard phones running BB10 have proven to not sell very well there is only one way to see if you are correct and that is make a android or IPhone with one. I just don't see how BB can survive on the physical keyboard market alone. They need to cater to both markets.

I'm not "positive" that is true... there have been a lot of growing pains with BB10 and that lack of an ecosystem has also hurt. BlackBerry sales have suffered from a number of problems other that the form factors.

Given a quality keyboard with a full platform and flagship hardware, along with carrier support and marketing..... there could be 10 or 20 million users out there that might prefer a QWERTY device.

Of course I kinda think TYPO gave up because they weren't seeing the sales they hoped for. They could have licensed a keyboard from BlackBerry, Palm, Microsoft, Nokia, Casio.... or just made one up that wasn't so BlackBerryish.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-10-15 09:43 AM
    Sorry to hijack the thread and return to the original topic, but I'm not sure I'd stay for an android phone. I'd likely just use my BlackBerries until the carriers retire 4G.
    They won't last nearly that long. No cell phone that doesn't support VoLTE is going to survive the demise of 2G (scheduled for about 2017), because all call and SMS traffic will have to move to VoLTE at that time.
    08-10-15 11:56 AM
    There is certainly a market for physical KB. I believe that market is very very small. Now I could be wrong and seeing as Physical keyboard phones running BB10 have proven to not sell very well there is only one way to see if you are correct and that is make a android or IPhone with one. I just don't see how BB can survive on the physical keyboard market alone. They need to cater to both markets.
    At one time, EVERY Android phone had a keyboard, but once all-touch (no keyboard) phones were released (really starting with the Galaxy S), customers overwhelmingly chose the all-touch over the keyboard phones, and sales of keyboard phones dried up. Today, only a tiny handful of keyboard Android phones exist, and sales for them are low, though the niche does exist.

The point, though, is that when consumers had a choice, they chose all-touch over keyboards, until keyboards were no longer financially viable. It wasn't that manufacturers stopped supporting keyboards - it was customers who did that, by voting with their wallets.
    08-10-15 12:04 PM
    Yes, I will do!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-10-15 07:40 PM
    Originally Posted by Shuswap
    Sorry to hijack the thread and return to the original topic, but I'm not sure I'd stay for an android phone. I'd likely just use my BlackBerries until the carriers retire 4G.

They won't last nearly that long. No cell phone that doesn't support VoLTE is going to survive the demise of 2G (scheduled for about 2017), because all call and SMS traffic will have to move to VoLTE at that time.
    By "retire 4G" I meant LTE. As I understand it, my Q10 has voice over LTE capability, does it not? Besides that, I live in Canada, and the transition schedule is undoubtedly different.
    08-10-15 07:43 PM
    I still very much prefer the physical keyboard, but the 9900 I'm using now has a lot of malfunctioning keys, including the lock and volume buttons. *sigh* But I will still make the big leap to full-touch screen this year. Why? The Classic looks very similar to 9900, and for now I want something different. Q10 and Q5—I just don't feel like using them; Passport is a little pricey for someone clumsy like me who frequently drops her phone (and it's too big for me). So I guess Z30 will do the trick. But if they still continue releasing phones with physical keyboards in the future, I will definitely buy them. But for now, I'll just stick to my 9900.
    08-13-15 01:18 PM
    i was looking back at old posts and saw this old one. to me, blackberry is primarily defined by THE KEYBOARD
    02-13-17 09:39 PM
    I wish my BB10 OSK lived up to the hype.

I'm constantly hitting the wrong character, it lags behind as it's slow to predict words and will often put the wrong word on the space bar to be auto-selected.

On the upside, it's great to have a keyboard where a long-press generates an upper-case letter. What other platform does that?
    02-14-17 12:54 AM
    I can't believe I started this thread over two years ago.
    02-14-17 06:28 AM
79 1234