And what would being productive to you mean if none of the above were what you were trying to do? Do you strive for productivity just for the sake of it? If monetary gains aren't your goal of productivity in the workplace then what is?

When I use my cell phone it's strictly for being productive or handling business Emails,product info,work related research/discussions. In that regard I'm achieving High Production....BB offers highly sufficient solutions for an individual such as myself.

I spend a considersble amount of time improving and strengthening my skillsetIn my respective profession which has led directly to increased monetary gains for Myself so I would consider my time well spent. If One isn't going to wake up and be As productive as One can be,why wake up?

08-06-15 07:56 PM
    Most apps that people use are social media related,imo if your not looking to build a network,manage a business, or create monetary gains for yourself social media is pointless or counter productive.
    There is a vastly greater array of powerful productivity apps for iOS and Android than there is for BB10. Even very basic things like managing business travel are not comparable on BB10. And that only counts the high volume apps, there are thousands, probably 10s thousands of very specific apps, guides to this or that business convention, local map/transit apps and so forth on iOS and Android and not on BB10.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-06-15 07:58 PM
    There is a vastly greater array of powerful productivity apps for iOS and Android than there is for BB10. Even very basic things like managing business travel are not comparable on BB10. And that only counts the high volume apps, there are thousands, probably 10s thousands of very specific apps, guides to this or that business convention, local map/transit apps and so forth on iOS and Android and not on BB10.

I completely agree! BB still offers the best solutions for
    the progressive minded consumer. Most popular Apps subliminally
    create distractions,subliminally dumb you down. I respect developers
    For their intuitiveness,however the apps solutions provided by BB
    Are more than sufficient, in addition to the physical keyboard why wouldn't
    You own a BB?

08-06-15 08:09 PM
    I'm even productive while asleep, because I have a Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    unknown_johny likes this.
    08-06-15 08:12 PM
    I'm even productive while asleep, because I have a Blackberry!

Posted via CB10

I once had a professor who issued a mid term at 3am
    Giving only 1 hour to complete and when he was questioned
    About his selective timing his response was "the mind never sleeps"
    08-06-15 08:21 PM

You own a BB?

Then don't ever try to print anything from your BB. The non productive printing app will distract you.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    08-06-15 08:26 PM

I once had a professor who issued a mid term at 3am
    Giving only 1 hour to complete and when he was questioned
    About his selective timing his response was "the mind never sleeps"
    Lol yeah right.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    08-06-15 08:29 PM
    The keyboard focus at BlackBerry needs to be reevaluated
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-06-15 08:33 PM
    Then don't ever try to print anything from your BB. The non productive printing app will distract you.
    Thread successfully hijacked from being about "Would BB users move to Android for the PKB" to the usual sniping about apps, lol.
    08-06-15 08:56 PM
    Thread successfully hijacked from being about "Would BB users move to Android for the PKB" to the usual sniping about apps, lol.
    I didn't bring up apps so take it up with the person I was quoting.
    08-06-15 08:57 PM
    Yeah... don't see the remote printing thing anywhere in his posts. Maybe his productivity is different than yours? Hmmm.

Also not seeing in your posts where you actually talk about whether or not you'd move to Android for the BB keyboard experience.

Just sayin'
    08-06-15 09:08 PM
    Yeah... don't see the remote printing thing anywhere in his posts. Maybe his productivity is different than yours? Hmmm.

Also not seeing in your posts where you actually talk about whether or not you'd move to Android for the BB keyboard experience.

Just sayin'
    He said that apps make him less productive. We need an app to print from a BlackBerry. I guess he's so productive he mentally wills his device to print.
    08-06-15 09:09 PM
    My responses corresponded with the OP
    Donnation was throwing jabs trying to knock
    People off their rocker...typical behavior for him
    But he offered some valuable insight this time around
    However I have no time for this sort of hogwash,
    and Chatty Patty remarks...Cheers Mate!
    08-06-15 09:12 PM

My responses corresponded with the OP
    Donnation was throwing jabs trying to knock
    People off their rocker...typical behavior for him
    But he offered some valuable insight this time around
    However I have no time for this sort of hogwash,
    and Chatty Patty remarks...Cheers Mate!
    Because you are out being productive. Got it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-06-15 09:14 PM
    He said that apps make him less productive. We need an app to print from a BlackBerry. I guess he's so productive he mentally wills his device to print.
    Or he just logs into his webmail and prints it from any network connected desktop or laptop. Or emails the attachment to his client on the network and they print it for him. Seriously, I'm on iOS, Android and BlackBerry and that's not an issue about productivity as far as I can see. I'm blue skying scenarios on your behalf where it's an absolute deal breaker and I'm coming up empty.

Anyway, thoughts on the OP's subject about a BB10 skinned pkb Android device? Presumably you'd be able to print remotely, so I'm thinking maybe that's a +1 from you, lol.
    08-06-15 09:18 PM
    I'm hoping at this point that you're getting that he's rapping about your replies, lol.
    08-06-15 09:20 PM

You own a BB?

Um, that is the exact opposite of what I said. There are whole areas of productivity needs that are virtually unavailable on BB. I mentioned one, travel but I'm sure there are others. I don't even find an acceptable messaging service of BB, we use Slack. Also, team task management and communication apps seem thin or non-existent. Also both iOS and Android have excellent cross device connectivity and cloud options for storage, retrieval and sharing of documents
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jallister like this.
    08-06-15 09:23 PM
    In fairness, it is pretty hard to argue that posting on Crackberry is productive.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-06-15 09:24 PM
    I'm hoping at this point that you're getting that he's rapping about your replies, lol.
    Lol that's rapping?
    08-06-15 09:24 PM
    Since we're already off-topic, Printhand works absolutely great.
    08-06-15 09:31 PM
    Lol that's rapping?
    That's a completely different discussion, lol.

If it's not too difficult, perhaps rhyme in on the Keyboard discussion and your thoughts since that was the point of this thread. I think the tech is solid and would appeal to many people. And I also think not all BlackBerry users are here just for security, that's too simplistic and general. I'm new to BlackBerry and have experience with other platforms but I see the appeal now.
    08-06-15 09:34 PM
    I tried all touch for about a year and went back to the Q10 and now the Classic. I love OS10, and I especially love having a physical keyboard. So, yes I will be buying a PKB for as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-06-15 10:36 PM
    Sorry to hijack the thread and return to the original topic, but I'm not sure I'd stay for an android phone. I'd likely just use my BlackBerries until the carriers retire 4G.

On a related note, it's got to be pretty inexpensive to produce a keyboarded android phone. So I suspect qwerty will never die completely. See: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-914053/
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-06-15 10:39 PM
    No sir I never said apps make me less productive
    Please don't lie on me mate!
    08-07-15 12:03 AM
    In fairness, it is pretty hard to argue that posting on Crackberry is productive.

I wouldn't consider it an argument...I'm not trying to persuade anyone to adopt my beliefs. I am however offering algorithms which hopefully will enlighten a select few on the benefits of accepting "the lifestyle" which is Blackberry. So I happily disagree with you mate my time spent on CBis productive.

Not to mention I use the Marketplace which provides the opportunity for monetary gains as well using the entire CB Forum in which I build a network with a select few. As I alluded to in my previous post these are methodical efforts on my end to be productive.
    08-07-15 12:33 AM
79 1234