i hate when people say "i didn't know they still make BlackBerries". They don't. They make BB10 Phones now. That's how you gotta say it.
    04-17-15 10:13 PM
    Most of BlackBerry old time users have zero idea about new BB phones or BB10 OS.
    And blame it on BlackBerry only.
    They are doing what Nokia did few year back.
    04-18-15 05:10 AM
    Yup me too. I do get good responses regarding my Blackberrys. No marketing or advertising, especially in the US.

Posted via Classic
    Was chatting over supper last night to a group of middle aged Americans sitting at the table next to me (restaurant of airport hotel in the UK) - they were gobsmacked (positively I think!) by my Passport and asked "why doesn't BlackBerry sell that in the US?". I told them that they could get one in the US via AT&T and they were even more surprised. Only one of them was really aware that BlackBerry was still going as a smartphone manufacturer, and that was only because his clients include US Government departments. They were very impressed when I said that I normally only charged my Passport every other day - one of them was charging his iPhone in the restaurant and said that he never went anywhere without his charger as "the iPhone battery life sucks".
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    04-18-15 05:13 AM
    Yes, I had the same experience yesterday. On vacation, a person saw my Passport and said "is that a Blackberry?". I said yes, it is the new Passport. Then the "I did not know that Blackberry made phones any more". Then the "yeah, I really want to go back to Blackberry from my iphone. Android is such a mess - I can't go there. The iphone apps are so much better."

So, sort of a good news bad news. Great goodwill towards Blackberry, but it is clear that the differentiator is Apps and quality of Apps. And, I do have to say that it is a big shame that there are not more bb10 apps. I really like the Built for Blackberry apps as they feel more intuitive than iphone or android apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:06 AM
    In my area, the goodwill is there but many tell me they didn't know they still made phones. Sad because four years ago everyone had one as Cspire couldn't get the iPhone at the time. This is an ATT Cspire market. Verizon and the others barely exists.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:43 AM
    It's a crying shame.

I just posted another thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...r-ceo-1014240/ about an experience I had last week. It's a very telling situation...
    04-18-15 08:35 PM
    we know it exists. We just can't get it because out carriers don't offer it.
    04-18-15 08:43 PM
57 123