i got a vzw 8830 curve yesterday...

it doesnt like to pick up EVDO, if i restart it it will stay in 1X until i shut off all the connections in manage connections and then turn them back on and it will pick up evdo.... but it only stays in it for like 10 minutes then switches back to 1X... i called verizon and they said i have a tower on top of me so i should have a strong evdo signal, tried a couple things and no luck... did a couple battery pulls, *228, and a few other things on the phone with no luck. also the green service light wont start flashing until someone texts me or i go under the options and turn it off then on again....

please guys help, im desperate.
    08-13-09 11:50 PM
    How many bars do you get? The green serivce light will obviously only blink when you have service. Either your radio is faulty (which is most likely the case) or you need to run it into a store and have the Verizon people give you tower location update (so late at night I forgot what's its called). But it sounds like to me your radio stack is bad in your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 01:50 AM
    are you sure you are in an EVDO area and not just in some fringe area where you are picking up a distant EVDO signal? do other people with EVDO devices pick up a clean strong signal when in your house too?
    08-14-09 02:46 AM
    for soem reason its working now.... i pulled it like 10 times in a row, and now it boots up with 1XEV with full bars... and the light blinks now. there musta been an outage or something, thanks guys
    08-14-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD