I'm heading to Europe on a trip shortly for a couple months and will need BIS services. Preferably unlimited BIS data or enough data to meet my needs (100 mb). I need country unrestricted as in I need to be able to roam around in the area in the following picture without racking up huge data costs. Calls and text is not important.

So what carrier should I use? Someone mentioned o2 but their website is confusing?

01-06-13 08:06 AM
    You don't have roaming on your current carrier?

I'm fairly certain you should ask your current carrier for roaming data plans as it will be cheaper. BIS automatically follows whenever you're roaming and using data.
    BIS in some countries and with some carriers is offered as non-subscription, but that alone + roaming costs will be fairly costly.

Most carriers offer data plans for roaming for a one time fee at which point you get X amount of data and BIS will work as normal.
    01-06-13 08:33 AM
    You don't have roaming on your current carrier?

I'm fairly certain you should ask your current carrier for roaming data plans as it will be cheaper. BIS automatically follows whenever you're roaming and using data.
    BIS in some countries and with some carriers is offered as non-subscription, but that alone + roaming costs will be fairly costly.

Most carriers offer data plans for roaming for a one time fee at which point you get X amount of data and BIS will work as normal.
    My carrier is $160 for 20MB. I'm sorry but it's not cheap and I'm even on a contract with my carrier atm.

I'm now looking at Vodafone EU Europe Passport Data Plan. $5 a day for 25MB which is pretty good honestly.
    01-06-13 08:40 AM
    Probably your cheapest option with that many different countries would be to buy local sims in each of them, but beyond that Vodafone or T-Mobile would probably be the best bet as they are the ones with most carriers in those countries.
    01-06-13 09:08 AM