I am making this seperate EU thread as for us here in EU the Tour is still a rumored device.
    Unfo with new releases RIM is always putting EU in second place which I think is not right.
    Well, the other side of non-global launches is that at least we never have to wait weeks for delivery after a product is launched

So what devices may we be expecting here in Europe?

Things I have heard from two big EU carriers:

1) Vodafone will launch a new BlackBerry very soon (with this summer) exclusively for Vodafone. And another model which willl not be carrier exclusive.
    Release dates nada.

2) T-Mobile still doesn't say anything but already a few ppl in their shops said there are rumours around a new Curve coming soon. Will that be the 8520? Note that T-mobile is now totally focussed on the iPhone as exclusive carrier and has put BlackBerry in second place.
    Release dates nada.

3) Posted by CB Pilotcap from Germany
    BlackBerry: App World ab 31. Juli - News - CHIP Online
    Possible release date of Storm2 in Germany on August 18th
    Would that be on T-mobile?

Anyone else knows more?
    Last edited by samsams; 07-31-09 at 05:17 AM.
    07-31-09 04:10 AM
    I am making this seperate EU thread as for us here in EU the Tour is still a rumored device.
    Well, its primarily a CDMA device; although it will also work on GSM networks. So, unless you have a CDMA provider you can forget your carrier launching it (a handful of Central and Eastern European carriers).

Unfo with new releases RIM is always putting EU in second place which I think is not right.
    Well, the other side of non-global launches is that at least we never have to wait weeks for delivery after a product is launched
    The BOLD was released in EUROPE first (T-Mobile Germany, 2 weeks later T-Mobile Austria and so forth)

AT&T users had to wait months, after the European launch, before they ever saw the devive in their stores.

So what devices may we be expecting here in Europe?

[...]
    I truly believe the ONYX will be launched in Europe first... and am patiently waiting

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong re the CDMA carriers.
    07-31-09 05:40 AM
    For the EU there will be the Gemini, Onyx and the Storm 2 and others in the future.

As mentioned above the Tour will work on GSM networks but those networks are unlikely to stock this device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:03 AM
    Nice info for the Onyx ... Hope to see it soon in France
    07-31-09 05:03 PM
    Orange & Carphone Warehouse 8520 : 11th August
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=28540

Vodaphone UK Storm2 : rumoured to be October
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-sto...uk-and-verizon
    Last edited by PDM; 08-03-09 at 11:43 AM.
    08-03-09 11:38 AM
    EU wise i would imagine the Onyx is the next biggest BB to hit along with the Storm 2 which Vodafone will have exclusively on their books.

Im looking forward to the Onyx and then hopefully the updated version of the Bold...The Tour wont be released here in the UK as its a primarily a CDMA device and no networks here in the UK support such a technology.

Didnt know that the iphone will be exclsuive to Tmobile...maybe in other Euro countries it might be but at the moment O2 have the exclusivity on it here in the Uk...although rumours are that the iphone 3G will be released on the other UK networks ie Tmobile, Orange and Voda.
    08-03-09 01:20 PM
    Confirmed: Gemini to launch first week of september in NL.
    All carrier shop assistants will get to use it as their companyphone end of August. Carrier KPN that is.
    08-21-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD