I just bought an old berry (Verizon 7250) on ebay to use during the summer. I didn't want to ruin my brand new storm as phones always seem to get damaged at my job.

Anyway, the seller posted the ESN in the listing. Is there any danger to this? I know that the phone may refuse to activate (it was $10, not the end of the world), but if I do activate it is there any danger with someone being able to know my ESN? I heard about cloning and I don't want to have nightmares with my bill.

Thanks!
    04-19-09 05:39 PM
    No danger whatsoever for cloning. VZW will only accept one single device with the same ESN, and its not the simplest task to reflash the ESN into the phone so it is highly unlikely anyone will even try.
    04-19-09 05:48 PM
    Ok, Thanks! That helped a lot of my worries.
    04-19-09 05:51 PM
    Since you have the ESN, did you call Verizon and ask tem if that ESN can be activated on their network?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 05:57 PM
    Since you have the ESN, did you call Verizon and ask tem if that ESN can be activated on their network?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is why the guy/gal posted it, so you could check. Most likely it's good, BUT you should check anyways. Just call Verizon and tell them you are going to buy a used BB and you want to make sure the ESN is clean.
    04-19-09 05:59 PM
    yes yes. be wary of of dirty esn's. had a friend become a victim of an ebay phone. check that esn with verizon, and then your good to go!
    04-19-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD