I'm trying to buy a new Curve on Ebay and asked for the ESN number so I can check it. The seller is telling me that he doesn't want to open the box for the ESN. If I remember correctly from my previous Curve it was on the box. Am I incorrect or is he scamming me?
    04-04-09 09:30 AM
    May not realize the ESN or MEID is on box, and if they won't give it to you, PASS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 09:42 AM
    Now he is saying that it has been removed from the box. I'm seeing red flags. Ugh, I hate Ebay sometimes.
    04-04-09 09:44 AM
    If he can't give you the ESN or MEID, then I wouldn't go near the device - it's just asking for trouble.
    04-04-09 09:50 AM
    Yeah, I think I'm going to back out. It's worth the NPB filed against me to not be out $240. I think I may just have to renew the contract on my other line and use that line to get the discounted price. Maybe Best Buy will bring the Curve back for $49 like it was a couple weeks ago.
    04-04-09 09:57 AM
    Danger-Danger!!! By all means avoid that purchase! You are wise to have asked the question before youy got ripped off, rather than get it and have to post how you got the shaft. Give yourself credit for bypassing that one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD