Hi,
    I just bought this device, second hand and am receiving this error code when I try to fire it up.
    I see that this is a common problem, but I'm not really sure what to do about it.
    I'm new to Blackberry, so be gentle.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    12-20-22 05:53 PM
    Hi,
    I just bought this device, second hand and am receiving this error code when I try to fire it up.
    I see that this is a common problem, but I'm not really sure what to do about it.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    Welcome!

This error generally means the device needs to be reflashed with an autoloader. We can help you with that.

What model do you have?
    12-20-22 06:15 PM
    Hi Ben,
    Under the battery there is some text .
    It says, "PRD - 53409 - 002 Blackberry SQN 100 - 3 Model: RFN81UW"
    Does that help?
    ....... john
    12-20-22 06:34 PM
    Hi Ben,
    Under the battery there is some text .
    It says, "PRD - 53409 - 002 Blackberry SQN 100 - 3 Model: RFN81UW"
    Does that help?
    ....... john
    Yes, you have the Q10 model.

Download the 1.46GB Q10 zipped file from here to a PC. Then proceed to unzip the file, plug your phone into your computer and run the file. The device will be wiped.

Report back with any issues you encounter.
    12-20-22 08:31 PM
    Hi Ben,
    I downloaded the firmware (and installed the Q10 drivers for Windows 7). Then I extracted the zip file which produced one executable; but when I ran the executable all I got was a quick screen flash identifying the file a RIM, etc. ........ nothing else.
    Thanks for your help.
    ......... john
    12-20-22 10:46 PM
    Hi again,
    I was looking online and saw the screen, that I probably should have seen, showing the progression of this process. I did not see anything under the first three lines, and only saw that for a couple of seconds. Here's the screen I saw online. I did not see anything under Copywrite 2012 Research In Motion Limited.
    Error code bb-10-0015-autoloader-screen-2022-12-21_104816.jpg
    ..... john
    12-21-22 10:24 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    Return it to it's seller for a refund....

It is a common error and usually is easy to fix. Might try another cable, port or even PC... or download the autoloader agin. Of course it could be the phone has a hardware issue and the seller couldn't fix it.
    12-21-22 03:42 PM
    Hi Dunt,
    I only paid $5 for it; so it's not a big loss; but I would like to fire it up if possible.
    I've noticed that Windows (7) device manager recognizes it, but Explorer does not.
    I wonder if that's significant?
    Thanks,
    ..... john
    12-21-22 05:33 PM
    Hi again,
    I looked online to see if I could find out what happened and found a site showing the window that I expect I should see; except that my window and it showed only the first three lines for a couple of seconds, then nothing else, and the phone stll exhibts the error code. Here's the image I saw ....

Attachment 453746

Any help is appreciated.
    ....... john
    You said you installed some drivers, where did you find them?

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed, they're in the spreadsheet linked below - along with some other goodies you may find useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    12-21-22 06:30 PM
    Hi Ben,
    I don't recall where I found the drivers. The device manager lists them as WdfCoInstaller01007.dll and
    RimUsb_AMD64.sys
    I wasn't able to make heads nor tails of the spreadsheet. Can point me to the relevant entries are?
    Thanks,
    ....... john
    12-21-22 10:13 PM
    Hi Ben,
    I found and installed the Blackberry software suite, containing the drivers, from the link you provided. After that the firmware installation went smoothly and the Q10 is now running.
    Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for the time and effort you put into this. I very much appreciate it.
    ...... john
    P.S. In your post you referred to some goodies I might find useful in the spreadsheet. What were you referring to? Thanks again.
    Last edited by shakushinnen; 12-21-22 at 10:41 PM. Reason: punctuation
    12-21-22 10:39 PM
    Hi Ben,
    I found and installed the Blackberry software suite, containing the drivers, from the link you provided. After that the firmware installation went smoothly and the Q10 is now running.
    Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for the time and effort you put into this. I very much appreciate it.
    ...... john
    P.S. In your post you referred to some goodies I might find useful in the spreadsheet. What were you referring to? Thanks again.
    That is a list of native BB10 apps Conite has been collecting since BB World was shut down. You would need to sideload them with a computer. Instructions to sideload are at the bottom of the sheet.
    12-22-22 06:07 AM
    Hi,
    Everything seems to be loading except that I don't seem to be able to get past the WiFi screen. Is this device useless without a phone plan? It won't scroll past the WiFi connectivity screen (which I have set up). Is there a key combination that allows me to navigate, so that I can use other functions, aside from the phone?
    The software tells me that I have to finish setup, but I don't know how.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    12-22-22 08:02 AM
    Hi,
    Everything seems to be loading except that I don't seem to be able to get past the WiFi screen. Is this device useless without a phone plan? It won't scroll past the WiFi connectivity screen (which I have set up). Is there a key combination that allows me to navigate, so that I can use other functions, aside from the phone?
    The software tells me that I have to finish setup, but I don't know how.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    If your talking about setup... you'll have to use this https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1193846/ because the BlackBerry servers are not there anymore.

That should allow you to complete setup and use the phone.... but you'll soon find that things are very limited with something this old.
    12-22-22 08:36 AM
    Hi Dunt,
    Thanks for your help. I somehow fumbled through Ben's tutorial; in the link you sent; and got the thing running. What a majour grunt that was. I'm not particularly interested in anything but the camera, so it's all good.
    From what little I've seen, operating this phone is going to be a steep learning curve; but, that's fine.
    Thanks again to you and Ben. I couldn't possibly have got it running without your help.
    ...... john
    12-22-22 05:48 PM
    Hi Dunt,
    Thanks for your help. I somehow fumbled through Ben's tutorial; in the link you sent; and got the thing running. What a majour grunt that was. I'm not particularly interested in anything but the camera, so it's all good.
    From what little I've seen, operating this phone is going to be a steep learning curve; but, that's fine.
    Thanks again to you and Ben. I couldn't possibly have got it running without your help.
    ...... john
    Your doing this for the camera?
    12-27-22 03:33 PM
    Hi Dunt,
    Well, sort of. I bought it because I wanted a toy; and then decided to check out the camera. I have all kinds of cameras; but you can never have too many; but the camera is
    nothing to write home about, and the small screen and keyboard don't turn my crank.
    ...... john
    Last edited by shakushinnen; 12-27-22 at 05:26 PM. Reason: further clarification
    12-27-22 05:18 PM