You and Conite’s statements always communicate what I’m meaning so much better than how I redneck state it.....
    You get the last laugh, because we're freezing our butts off.
    12-13-18 11:04 AM
    You get the last laugh, because we're freezing our butts off.
    If life were always that simple right? Don’t worry cold front should pass through Saturday and we could hit freezing temps. Maybe....
    12-13-18 01:10 PM
    Yes, the smartphone market is fragmented and the users' needs and experience will determine their purchases. On the other hand the various apps which collect users' data and influence marketing of differing brands will have a direct impact on sales of these brand devices. Eventually prices will fall, and I'm hoping BB 10 OS will hang on in there; then and only at the demise of BB 10 OS will I switch to an ideal BB Key2 (SD 660) over the prospective BB Key3 (SD 710) - multitasking + productivity, privacy + security are all features of Q10. Cheers!
    12-13-18 07:10 PM
    I think the form factor is the problem,nobody has the guts to change it.-
    -
    I personally prefer square screen, like classic,reading is made from left to right first.But I expect some other form factors also.I am allready tired of long and squeezed screens.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-18 12:14 AM
    I think the form factor is the problem,nobody has the guts to change it.-
    -
    I personally prefer square screen, like classic,reading is made from left to right first.But I expect some other form factors also.I am allready tired of long and squeezed screens.

Posted via CB10
    Whilst square screens might appeal to us BlackBerry fans I'm not sure how much they would appeal to non-BlackBerry fans. The square screen worked when it was attached to a physical keyboard, but take the keyboard away and really it just means you're getting less for your money, unless you increase the screen size to something like the Passport, at which point it gets awkward for the pocket (I loved it, but then I don't wear skinny jeans). I liked the square screened BlackBerrys because of how the form factor felt in the hand and I wasn't bothered by letter boxing on video clips, but the KEYone and Key² actually have the same width screen as the Classic(don't they?), they're just longer as well. I think if a brand attempted a square phone now it might be seen as a hipster fad with a short lifespan that soon gets forgotten like the Freewrite word processor.
    12-14-18 03:50 AM
    If consumers started reading into rooting their (non BlackBerry) devices, they would soon realise updates come much quicker as newer builds of android get tested (that community is huge!) and made available. Only, the educating of the public about how to get that done (there aren't simple tools for novices, and I wish there were).

I have started to tell people to refer to ifixit.com to change batteries or do self-help repairs (if a screen breaks, etc). Hopefully it changes their opinions of what they do with a device, and how long they choose to use it for.

I may continue to use this passport for years to come, including the classic, however I despise the glued together nature of the classic. It'll be impossible to pry that son of a gnat apart to replace the battery with a generic one with at or bigger capacity. The passport? Easier. Only one piece of double-sided tape needed and screws.

That and updating security certificates is pretty easy (to prevent security errors in the browser, no matter how old it is).

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    12-17-18 01:05 PM
    I may continue to use this passport for years to come, including the classic, however I despise the glued together nature of the classic. It'll be impossible to pry that son of a gnat apart to replace the battery with a generic one with at or bigger capacity. The passport? Easier. Only one piece of double-sided tape needed and screws.
    I know it's hard to do it but after 3 lcd replacements on my classic, I'm so confident to open it again and again and again. And I'm not a tech guy, but a youtube customer )

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 04:05 PM
32 12