It's government, what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    I'm dealing with a large US Postal Service Building right now... their Chiller went down and it would have cost $45,000 for the repair.

The decided to go with renting a temp chiller.... at $10,000 a month + maintenance, until they could decide on what their long term plans were for the building. Eighteen months later... and $210,000 later, they have decided to keep using the building and to fix the problems.
    03-03-16 02:16 PM
    It's government, what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    This quote was in reference to the statement, "If they're still using 9900's, it would seem they aren't up on the latest rumors".

This brings back memories of discussions with people over software style.
    I work for a mid-sized corporation and we have had some OLD software over the years. One on-line system was character (non-Windows) based - relying largely on the tab key to get around the screen, no mouse support. Many people curled their lips in disgust because the interface was "clunky" and it wasn't the latest Windows "sexy" interface.

So, we updated to a different package, that was very much Windows / GUI-based, mouse driven, etc.

Guess what? The new system is SLOWER TO USE THAN THE OLD, "CLUNKY" system!!!!
    That's because it's faster to TAB around a screen instead of having to move your hand off of the keyboard, find the mouse and move it to the next field.

Unfortunately, people keep confusing "slick" with "better". Not always the case!

As a side note, I have a brother-in-law who manages 45 or so people for a major Canadian bank, they are distributed over a large geographic area. He is on the road a LOT and works 12 - 16 hours a day. He was issued a Passport and LOVES it. Constant communication is his life-blood and the Passport gives him that in spades, including being able to work with spreadsheets.

So, BB10 may be on life support, but it's still useful.
    03-03-16 03:05 PM
    You know how it is, those hipsters wanna be carrying around carefull crafted artisanal devices. Mass produced, main stream devices like iPhone? No way, wouldn't be caught dead with them! :-)
    03-03-16 04:54 PM
    Interesting that large groups are still buying bb10 devices considering the rumors
    Why? Did the 9900's stop working one day? I don't want public servants being frivolous with my tax dollars. Work issued phones are for work, not crushing candy or watching Netflix. Carrying around a phone which works great for communications, isn't likely to be stolen and won't likely be used for much personal stuff is a great idea.

If I were a bank, I'd do the same. Get a solid long lasting phone that is only useful for work. Should a banker be playing Flappy bird or using Snapchat or Whatsapp at work? I think not.
    terminatorx likes this.
    03-03-16 05:02 PM
    If only there was a way to carry a second device that wasn't issued by the company.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:21 PM
    Why? Did the 9900's stop working one day? I don't want public servants being frivolous with my tax dollars. Work issued phones are for work, not crushing candy or watching Netflix. Carrying around a phone which works great for communications, isn't likely to be stolen and won't likely be used for much personal stuff is a great idea.

If I were a bank, I'd do the same. Get a solid long lasting phone that is only useful for work. Should a banker be playing Flappy bird or using Snapchat or Whatsapp at work? I think not.
    Given up probably for all the same reasons that everyone else has given up on BBOS.
    03-03-16 07:18 PM

Still, imagine if there were apps out there that weren't games. You could probably achieve some interesting and productive stuff on a smartphone that had access to apps other than games.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    03-03-16 07:30 PM
    Try obtaining info from your own departmental website using a Bold. Hourglass. Checkerboard.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-03-16 08:05 PM
    Maybe they don't care about WhatsApp. I have it on my phone but barely use it at all.

Posted via CB10
    They probably would block it anyway. Enterprises typically deploy locked down Blackberries with third party apps disabled and even BBM disabled. The camera is also frequently disabled.
    03-10-16 06:38 AM
    I saw three 9900's on Saturday night at a club They were separate occasions and the people carrying them were twenty somethings I thought it was odd. Could it be making some sort of hipster underground comeback?

Posted via CB10
    It could be they are using their parents old devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:00 AM
    You would think that Environment Canada would know which way the wind is blowing.

Posted via CB10
    Or you would think Environment Canada wants to support Canadian business?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:01 AM
    I saw three 9900's on Saturday night at a club They were separate occasions and the people carrying them were twenty somethings I thought it was odd. Could it be making some sort of hipster underground comeback?

Posted via CB10
    They were the extasy dealers perhaps lol

Posted via my  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 or  Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-11-16 04:58 PM
    If they merge all the features of BB10 into Android why still the hostility?

Because they can't. People claim that Android is customizable, but there are fundamental limitations that makes adapting it to function like BB10 impossible.

Oh, and it's a way for Google to spy on you, but BlackBerry dare not talk about that when they talk about privacy and security.
    03-15-16 10:00 PM
    Try obtaining info from your own departmental website using a Bold. Hourglass. Checkerboard.

Posted via CB10
    Chess game? I'm in....! :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-30-16 05:49 PM
39 12