Got word from mom that they are starting to go from their old 9900's to the BB10 Classic next week. Not a major win but still nice to see.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 03:35 PM
    Interesting that large groups are still buying bb10 devices considering the rumors

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 03:45 PM
    � buddy of mine works in health care and they've been issued Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:11 PM
    Late last year HSBC started issuing the Classic to their employees too. Now that is big. Hence why I suspect BlackBerry will not ditch BB10 just yet. Their regulated customers love it and most use BES10 or 12 too. I just don't think there will be new phones so soon just updates to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    03-01-16 07:48 PM
    Chen already said that he will keep BB10 around until he can secure android up to the level of security of BB10 with it many certifications and then it will be upgrade cycle migration for those on BB10 devices to blackberry form factors running android. .

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 12:11 AM
    Chen already said that he will keep BB10 around until he can secure android up to the level of security of BB10 with it many certifications and then it will be upgrade cycle migration for those on BB10 devices to blackberry form factors running android. .

Posted via CB10
    I wish him FAILURE in his Android plans. And it's NOT an upgrade it's a DOWNGRADE.
    Asvertus, Q10Bold, Gerii and 1 others like this.
    03-02-16 12:15 AM
    Interesting that large groups are still buying bb10 devices considering the rumors

If they're still using 9900's, it would seem they aren't up on the latest rumors.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:24 AM
    I saw three 9900's on Saturday night at a club They were separate occasions and the people carrying them were twenty somethings I thought it was odd. Could it be making some sort of hipster underground comeback?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:36 AM
    I saw three 9900's on Saturday night at a club They were separate occasions and the people carrying them were twenty somethings I thought it was odd. Could it be making some sort of hipster underground comeback?

Posted via CB10
    That would be nice.

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-02-16 06:14 AM
    That would be nice.

The BlackBerry Guy
    Yes it would. Really cool looking device imo

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-02-16 06:39 AM
    Since I am a glass half-empty type, perhaps they figured nobody drunk would steal it when they left it on the table.

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72, JeepBB and jas1978 like this.
    03-02-16 07:46 AM

1) This all might have been set in motion, a year ago.

2) BlackBerry really hasn't announced anything that really would stop anyone not paying attention to the company to doubt the future. Outside of speculation by those that have watched BlackBerry for years, watching sales number or financial earning reports.... how would a few IT guys or CFO really know what is going on with BlackBerry. Whoever they are dealing with at BlackBerry isn't going to volunteer information that might lose them a sale.

Officially, BlackBerry is still selling phones, still making new phones - just launched the PRIV (yeah it's not BB10). There won't be any new BB10 phones "this" year, but BlackBerry is committed to BB10. Based on that information, there is no reason to doubt future phones.....

3) Many of these groups aren't looking for a full smartphone.... just a communications device that is secure and manageable. They are just now migrating away from BBOS.... BB10 might work fine for them for several years. The Classic (as is) might be in limited production for a while, might even get Passport internals....

4) Big Companies make mistakes all the time.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-02-16 09:14 AM
    If they're still using 9900's, it would seem they aren't up on the latest rumors.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they don't care about WhatsApp. I have it on my phone but barely use it at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 11:02 AM
    I wish him FAILURE in his Android plans. And it's NOT an upgrade it's a DOWNGRADE.
    If they merge all the features of BB10 into Android why still the hostility? It is pure economics, there is no way to sustain BB10 ecosystem in the long term if IOS and Android comprise 99% of all phone sales. Eventually they have to go with the flow. BB10 is fantastic but imagine the BB10 experience on a fully Android compatible phone with no compromises or work arounds needed? That is where they are heading, that's how BB10 will stay alive: in Priv and Vienna phones.

Posted via CB10
    jbrad likes this.
    03-02-16 11:08 AM
    In my experience outside of a few Blackberry diehards the people who are still carrying BB7 phones like the 9900 are usually lawyers, bankers or some other regulated enterprise clients.

Without knowing the city and club it could have been a corporate gathering of some investment bankers or something out.

For a pure messaging perspective those phones are beasts but given the need for a much larger screen, quicker browser and a much better battery life the Classic is the new corporate workhorse for people. I just upgrade to mine and I love the thing.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and acovey like this.
    03-02-16 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's government, what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:20 PM
    That's cold man... Ahh it'll be all good change comes always

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 06:33 PM
    If they have been using 9900s up until now, then the classic is a huge upgrade. It doesn't matter if BlackBerry is going bankrupt tomorrow, 90% of the phones functions will still work.
    03-02-16 07:04 PM
    If they merge all the features of BB10 into Android why still the hostility? It is pure economics, there is no way to sustain BB10 ecosystem in the long term if IOS and Android comprise 99% of all phone sales. Eventually they have to go with the flow. BB10 is fantastic but imagine the BB10 experience on a fully Android compatible phone with no compromises or work arounds needed? That is where they are heading, that's how BB10 will stay alive: in Priv and Vienna phones.

Posted via CB10
    I think your dreaming, you would need to fix Android first and the sort of Blackberry apps next.
    03-02-16 09:15 PM
    That's cold man... Ahh it'll be all good change comes always

Posted via CB10
    Not cold just MY opinion. A Blackberry without a Blackberry OS is NOT a Blackberry in MY opinion.
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-02-16 09:21 PM
    You would think that Environment Canada would know which way the wind is blowing.

Posted via CB10
    alan510, JeepBB and ssbtech like this.
    03-02-16 09:48 PM
    I think that it would actually be advantageous to have employees have a phone that doesn't have snap chat and soon losing whatsapp so that actual work gets done.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-03-16 06:43 AM
    It is probably just for emails.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Android is just a data capture program for Google. Won't be using it. BlackBerry can never fix Android to the level of BB10.
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-03-16 08:24 AM
    Android is just a data capture program for Google. Won't be using it. BlackBerry can never fix Android to the level of BB10.
    Which means, Chen will never drop BB10. I'm lighting my candle.
    03-03-16 01:07 PM
39 12