I've searched threads for 2-3 days and can't get an answer on this. So here are my questions.

For Bluetooth, i have a BB lets say i want to pear with someone with a Nokia, ect...they find my device or i find theirs, it always says enter numeric pass code...i know many say to use 0000 or 1234, but how DOES EVERYONE KNOW THIS? What is the purpose of this code, i dont get it, what if its someone you dont know you just wanna pear with to chat with in a restaurant or something? (this is very popular in Dubai & Egypt)

So is there a way i can just pair without this passcode thing, because if i know the code how does someone else? Thanks
    Last edited by tarek307; 08-31-09 at 04:45 AM.
    08-31-09 03:39 AM
    You cannot disable this. The pairing password is an integral part to BlackBerry's bluetooth security.

Once you pair to a device, set it as a trusted device in the bluetooth device configuration. The numeric passcode you use is whatever passcode one person puts in first and the other person must match. Bluetooth devices come with preconfigured passcodes, which are given in their user manuals.

Just think about someone being able to pair to your device without your permission and get access to whatever they wanted.
    08-31-09 03:54 AM

Just think about someone being able to pair to your device without your permission and get access to whatever they wanted.

Couldn't they have just had a "ACCEPT PAIRING FROM BLAH BLAH BLAH" option? where you just say yes or no! that would make more sense i think!
    Last edited by tarek307; 08-31-09 at 04:44 AM.
    08-31-09 03:56 AM
    I love pears.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:33 AM
    Yeah but not as nice as Blackberries
    08-31-09 05:04 AM
    That's got to be a high-security orchard to lock down pears!

The passcode is a Bluetooth Standard, not a BlackBerry standard. It doesn't matter what device you are on, you will still have the passcode between devices. Security measures like this are a good thing.
    08-31-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD