Title speaks for itself. Can the admins just delete the posts or just compile them into one sticky post? That way they could rant all they want there.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    Bobcat665 and playbookster like this.
    04-22-13 12:47 AM
    Ironic that you made a post ranting about others making posts ranting...

If you're still a CB and BlackBerry user and fan, you need to have a thick skin.

Don't let little things like that bother you. Why even read those posts if they affect you?!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:23 AM
    Ironic that you made a post ranting about others making posts ranting...

If you're still a CB and BlackBerry user and fan, you need to have a thick skin.

Don't let little things like that bother you. Why even read those posts if they affect you?!

Posted via CB10
    You've got a point there. But really, it just got me to my boiling point. Doesn't it irritate you even just a bit?

I just think CB will be a more productive forum site without those kinds of posts.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-22-13 01:32 AM
    You've got a point there. But really, it just got me to my boiling point. Doesn't it irritate you even just a bit?

I just think CB will be a more productive forum site without those kinds of posts.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    Obviously I love to see BlackBerry doing well and it does strike a cord when I see others chirping the company or devices.

But by lashing out or responding to their trolling or bashing, we're essentially adding fuel to the fire.

If they make a thread, no one responds, poof!
    Thread disappears from the top recent threads.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:35 AM
    Title speaks for itself. Can the admins just delete the posts or just compile them into one sticky post? That way they could rant all they want there.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    SeaBeeJay is right.. if you're a BlackBerry fan, you should be used to being made fun of by your friends a little, and reading negative stuff on the news and online. But you are right too. To me, what's annoying isn't the fact that it's negative about BlackBerry, it's the fact that there are people that take the time out of their day to sign up for, and login to somewhere, just to tell others (who mostly like the product) that they are leaving.

Maybe it's because I would never do something like this, or maybe it's because there seem to be more and more people that think that way. I would never go onto Pepsi's...forums or wherever people who love Pepsi hangout online, and tell them, "Bye, Pepsi!! I tried you, but I'm going back to Coke. Coke is so much better, maybe I'll try you again later on, but for now, I'm disappointed and everyone I know is going back to Coke!" I'd just...not drink Pepsi anymore. Or something. I don't know. It's just bizarre to me that there are people that do that.
    H_O_Boomaye and mediadavid like this.
    04-22-13 02:26 AM
    Obviously I love to see BlackBerry doing well and it does strike a cord when I see others chirping the company or devices.

But by lashing out or responding to their trolling or bashing, we're essentially adding fuel to the fire.

If they make a thread, no one responds, poof!
    Thread disappears from the top recent threads.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I haven't replied to a single thread that they made, it's just that, whether or not we reply to them, they'll just continue on doing it.

But by really maintaining (by maintaining, i mean deleting) the said threads, we could avoid being pissed off by these people. Plus, we'd have a cleaner forum.

I get your point of not replying to them, but to avoid it totally, they should be filtered out of the forums totally.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-22-13 03:22 AM
    I'm not really bothered by these thread. This is an open forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is an opinion you don't agree with. I take the ignore approach, and frankly, I don't really care. It's fine with me that people have different opinion than I do.

But, There are many of these posters that raises valid points as well. It can't all be rainbows and unicorns can it? Though I do agree that these need to be consolidated under the "Switching from BlackBerry" stickied thread especially when the thread adds no value to the forums, but sadly, this is the Internet, and everyone feel the need to share their opinion, and think that their opinion matter more than anyone else. This is where I guess we need to live and let live.

I don't think it is wise to just go around deleting such threads, it might be seen as a move to censor negative feedback, or even seen as being bias. If the OP of such threads raises valid points, and get a civil discussion going, I don't see why not. User feedback no matter good or bad is good for BlackBerry. Its a mean to find out what their customers and potential customers want most. For the threads that really add no value I think it is more important not to feed trolls, and just let them starve.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    sexybabe88 and OLY-JIM like this.
    04-22-13 03:44 AM
    well, for all we care, they maybe just people who have NEVER used the z10 before but are just out to discredit the phone so that we will turn to the phones that they maybe hopping to market. i don't know, maybe a samsung or an iphone(y)??
    04-22-13 03:51 AM
    I'm not really bothered by these thread. This is an open forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is an opinion you don't agree with. I take the ignore approach, and frankly, I don't really care. It's fine with me that people have different opinion than I do.

But, There are many of these posters that raises valid points as well. It can't all be rainbows and unicorns can it? Though I do agree that these need to be consolidated under the "Switching from BlackBerry" stickied thread especially when the thread adds no value to the forums, but sadly, this is the Internet, and everyone feel the need to share their opinion, and think that their opinion matter more than anyone else. This is where I guess we need to live and let live.

I don't think it is wise to just go around deleting such threads, it might be seen as a move to censor negative feedback, or even seen as being bias. If the OP of such threads raises valid points, and get a civil discussion going, I don't see why not. User feedback no matter good or bad is good for BlackBerry. Its a mean to find out what their customers and potential customers want most. For the threads that really add no value I think it is more important not to feed trolls, and just let them starve.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    I like the points you raise about deleting the posts.

I rest my case. Better just to ignore those irritating posts then.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-22-13 03:58 AM
    When there were a lot of people leaving legacy BlackBerry devices for other platforms, there was a single thread made for these Goodbyes. I think it makes sense to have one for the people who want to return their BB10 devices and anytime someone posts a new one, lock the new thread and point a link to the official thread.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and southlander like this.
    04-22-13 06:52 AM
    You have to remember that majority of those return posts are from paid trolls either Samsung or apple. We all know that Samsung got caught paying people to post fake reviews. Make no mistake these type of trolls are on cb

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:01 AM
    Enough with trying to censor a forum.
    If you want this to happen then stop all the "I love my z10 Threads" too as they are just as bad

Posted via CB10
    Saiga, MobileMadness002 and ihys like this.
    04-22-13 07:51 AM
    You have to remember that majority of those return posts are from paid trolls either Samsung or apple. We all know that Samsung got caught paying people to post fake reviews. Make no mistake these type of trolls are on cb

Posted via CB10
    More free truth. (or is it paid shill truth? Can't tell with this kid)
    04-22-13 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Mega lolz
    Or is this actually serious? In which case I weep for humanity

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    04-22-13 09:54 AM
    There is definitely a pattern to these posts...

I believe there is a small number of users who continually create new accounts on CB in order to post negative rants.

That doesn't mean every new user that makes a negative post is a troll; if you pay attention you will notice that are looking for help, will listen and take advice.

It's the ones who just create negativity for the sole purpose of trolling, are the ones you have to watch for.
    04-22-13 10:12 AM
    Just ignore the posts .

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:17 AM
    Not understanding the OP's issue....no one forces any member to read any thread.... as they are self explanatory by the tags... if you see a new one you do not like ... ignore it and move onto something that interests you.... That is what we all do when we go onto these boards.....If you follow the forum rules... then anyone has the right to post anything that they want to share... just as you have the right to ignore it....
    mikeo007, darkehawke and Saiga like this.
    04-22-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings. I can just imagine a Samsung or Apple executive nervously sweating as he reads that the Z10 launch approaches. Questioning what to do next, I'm sure the exec saw that the only possible course of action to save their struggling company from the impending launch of BB10 was too pay people to troll on CrackBerry forums.
    ihys and mikeo007 like this.
    04-22-13 11:30 AM
    Okay, so long as we can assert the same for the "I love my new Z-10!" posts.
    04-22-13 02:04 PM
    Okay, so long as we can assert the same for the "I love my new Z-10!" posts.
    Maybe there wouldn't be as many "I love my Z10" kind of posts if the "hate" posts were more aggressively locked/deleted? Just a thought...

P.S. What's wrong with the "love" posts, anyway? U mad, bro?
    04-22-13 08:33 PM
    I propose a solution. Two threads. "I ******* Love My Z10" and "I ******* Hate My Z10". Longest thread wins. Go!
    yelmonster likes this.
    04-22-13 08:36 PM
    Maybe there wouldn't be as many "I love my Z10" kind of posts if the "hate" posts were more aggressively locked/deleted? Just a thought...

P.S. What's wrong with the "love" posts, anyway? U mad, bro?
    P.P.S. what's wrong with the "I tried and return" post anyway? U mad, bro?

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 and darkehawke like this.
    04-22-13 09:47 PM
    Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings. I can just imagine a Samsung or Apple executive nervously sweating as he reads that the Z10 launch approaches. Questioning what to do next, I'm sure the exec saw that the only possible course of action to save their struggling company from the impending launch of BB10 was too pay people to troll on CrackBerry forums.
    You really have no understanding of reality .
    ihys likes this.
    04-23-13 12:29 AM
    I agree. It has nothing to do with thick skin. The reason why you should avoid such repetitious creation of a topic is usability of the forums. Consolidating topics makes for better navigation and a better experience in general. I see mods close treads with some frequency and post the msg "feel free to add to the existing tread". It would not in any way constitute selective enforcement to do the same with treads about returns.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    04-23-13 01:56 AM
    You really have no understanding of reality .
    Actually I think you managed to miss the point

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye and Saiga like this.
    04-23-13 02:11 AM
30 12