I guess all those words after FM radio say nothing else about it?
    all those words? you mean..."Version 10.2.1 also brings a series of minor, but welcome, tweaks to the platform..."

MINOR tweaks...lol really? a huge list of upgrades and they list it as "minor tweaks"...again like my original post...Android or iOS releases an update like this and it is praised and words like "minor tweaks" would never be used, it would be "a large overhaul to the OS" "great update with many useful functionality features" "AWESOMEEEEEEEEE" "derp da derp I hate BlackBerry"...things along those lines...overview or review, its a joke...
    01-28-14 11:22 AM
    The problem is that most of the major new features concern parts of the OS that are unique to BlackBerry. Basically Engadget don't understand the OS at all which is why they don't understand the significance of the update.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:29 AM
    From the link:

Update: BlackBerry hasn't publicly announced that BB 10.2.1 enabled Android APK installation from the file manager, so we've been waiting for an official confirmation before making it public. However, several of you have been in touch to say that this feature is working on your handsets.
    So he attempted to cover his tail by dismissing this.... whats the excuse for the rest of it I wounder
    brout likes this.
    01-28-14 11:32 AM
    Ladys and gentlemen!

Why do you even care about these websites?

I would say: Ignore them. Engadget reputation is not as good as it has been long time ago.

I did not like the text. But I have to admit: I did not expect something else.
    01-28-14 11:34 AM
    Yeah thanks to BBRY for shafting Z10 owners re: FM radio.
    That's a silly comment since the FM radio *hardware* isn't in the Z10. May as well complain the Bold 9000 doesn't have a radio either.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    01-28-14 11:41 AM
    APK is a developer feature, and not meant as of yet for public consumption.

I fail to see the need to the type of pearl clutching happening. And they SAID why they left it out.

But it's not a public feature, and the fact that some tech geeks on CB use it and tout it doesn't change the fact that it's still meant for developers.

Just sayin'
    01-28-14 11:46 AM
    I avoid end gadget, verge, bgr... where content is heavily influenced by corporate sponsors and advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Mo Cat likes this.
    01-28-14 12:16 PM
    APK is a developer feature, and not meant as of yet for public consumption.

I fail to see the need to the type of pearl clutching happening. And they SAID why they left it out.

But it's not a public feature, and the fact that some tech geeks on CB use it and tout it doesn't change the fact that it's still meant for developers.

Just sayin'
    Do not agree!
    Why do they describe and write about developer features for ios betas?

And beside this "APK" Feature, there are a LOT of features which are not available in this form at ios or android.
    Thats the worst excuse for not naming this feature.

and at last: laughing about FM Radio ist like laughing about RS 232 UART ... (and that is what engadget did in its post)
    think about it.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    01-28-14 12:40 PM
    Yes. You're right. Clearly let's burn them at the stake.

There's still some very real issues with whether developers work is legally being used on another platform they never intended it for.

That may also play into it.
    JeepBB, ajst222 and kevinnugent like this.
    01-28-14 12:43 PM
    Do not agree!
    Why do they describe and write about developer features for ios betas?

And beside this "APK" Feature, there are a LOT of features which are not available in this form at ios or android.
    Thats the worst excuse for not naming this feature.

and at last: laughing about FM Radio ist like laughing about RS 232 UART ... (and that is what engadget did in its post)
    think about it.
    Also, that is not the only feature they "forgot" to mention.
    01-28-14 12:43 PM
    Sorry but engadget is okay the real BB hater is the Verge. The whole site including all of their editors have a hatred of the company which is reflected through pretty much every single article they write about BlackBerry.
    01-28-14 01:03 PM
    all those words? you mean..."Version 10.2.1 also brings a series of minor, but welcome, tweaks to the platform..."

MINOR tweaks...lol really? a huge list of upgrades and they list it as "minor tweaks"...again like my original post...Android or iOS releases an update like this and it is praised and words like "minor tweaks" would never be used, it would be "a large overhaul to the OS" "great update with many useful functionality features" "AWESOMEEEEEEEEE" "derp da derp I hate BlackBerry"...things along those lines...overview or review, its a joke...
    Maybe it isn't so exciting to them as its just things other platforms already do?
    01-28-14 01:04 PM
    I avoid end gadget, verge, bgr... where content is heavily influenced by corporate sponsors and advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Just read Crackberry and avoid all else.

You people cry too damn much.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Rello like this.
    01-28-14 01:07 PM
    To list all the important updates maybe?
    Maybe they don't know what to list? Too much work for them, sigh.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-28-14 01:13 PM
    Just read Crackberry and avoid all else.

You people cry too damn much.

That is not the issue here. Articles like this are the reason BlackBerry 10 sales have been so poor.
    01-28-14 01:27 PM
    That is not the issue here. Articles like this are the reason BlackBerry 10 sales have been so poor.
    No its not.

01-28-14 01:28 PM
    From the link:

Update: BlackBerry hasn't publicly announced that BB 10.2.1 enabled Android APK installation from the file manager, so we've been waiting for an official confirmation before making it public. However, several of you have been in touch to say that this feature is working on your handsets.
    This is called tactical back-peddling. Did they contact Blackberry or have Blackberry contact them to let them know specifically that the FM feature was to be enabled on the devices. I doubt it.

CB released like what 30 improvements on the new OS and these guys fixate on one?

Either you report the whole story or none of it. If they weren't too sure and had reservations they should have kept their mouths shut until they could confirm the whole deal...
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-28-14 01:32 PM
    Forget about Engadget.

GSMArena has generally been a better resource for smartphone news anyway. Much more informative than Engadget IMO

BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 update goes official, available now - GSMArena.com news
    vrud likes this.
    01-28-14 01:32 PM
    No its not.

It is.
    01-28-14 01:33 PM
    As BB users we should just stay away from tech sites outside mobile nations if we don`t want our feeling hurt.
    01-28-14 01:36 PM
    It is.
    It isn't. You're free to believe otherwise, though!

01-28-14 01:36 PM
    It isn't. You're free to believe otherwise, though!

It is and of course I am. Do you want to explain why you don't agree or is that too much to ask?
    01-28-14 01:39 PM
    It is.
    It's the app gap. And no, sideloading isn't the solution. And yes, Snap and other app stores are sideloads as I've had to clarify before. It's just that no computer is involved. BB10 just doesn't fit people's needs. That and BlackBerry has done an awful job of promoting it. It's a combo, but with emphasis on the apps. That's the main problem.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    kbz1960, JeepBB, bbq10l and 1 others like this.
    01-28-14 01:40 PM
    It is and of course I am. Do you want to explain why you don't agree or is that too much to ask?
    Because no one I know except techies read those sites. Look at the comments. Those sites are way more important to you than it is to my mom or anyone else I know. I may be the only person in my inner circle the visits forums or reads those blogs. They don't have the impact you people say they do.

You are just using them as a scapegoat for BlackBerry's terrible performance.

First you people say consumers don't know about BB10 and then you flip it to say all the negative tech blog content affects sales? Yes, sales to people who likely wouldn't have bought it to begin with, maybe...

The average Joe isn't reading that. They likely haven't even been to Engadget.com to be quite frank about it.

01-28-14 01:44 PM
    The people who need help buying phones are calling me and asking me to go to stores with them to pick one (actually did that last night, to an AT&T store), not going to Engadget.

kbz1960 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    01-28-14 01:53 PM
243 1234 ...