10-31-14 09:03 AM
    Interesting read. Glad some points were addressed, by commenters.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    10-31-14 09:13 AM
    It was a good read and the author did make some valid points.
    10-31-14 02:24 PM
    Engadget does some decent reviews. I like the comments and criticisms they make but I still find their scores are horribly imbalanced (every Apple product MUST receive a 90+ because Apple). The author took into account corrections which is a huge plus in my eyes. Good read.
    11-02-14 01:53 AM
    "The Passport is the best BlackBerry 10 device you can buy, and comes with a number of flagship-caliber specs. But its odd shape and size, as well as its weird keyboard, may be a turnoff for many."

So, in his opinion, had they released something more like the Classic with Passport specs, that might have appealed more to the masses? I would love that, but I know the masses needed something weird like the Passport to get their attention again since the name "BlackBerry" still has the "uncool" stigma to it.
    Grafic111 likes this.
    11-02-14 10:25 PM
    "The Passport is the best BlackBerry 10 device you can buy, and comes with a number of flagship-caliber specs. But its odd shape and size, as well as its weird keyboard, may be a turnoff for many."

So, in his opinion, had they released something more like the Classic with Passport specs, that might have appealed more to the masses? I would love that, but I know the masses needed something weird like the Passport to get their attention again since the name "BlackBerry" still has the "uncool" stigma to it.
    Couldn't agree more. They had to do something that would grab eyeballs. Passport has done it and hopefully very well. Waiting to see the no of passports sold.

Q10
    11-03-14 12:25 AM

What he is saying is basically:

That's a pretty weird looking and shaped phone. And it has a keyboard... In 2014.
    Can't they make a good a touchscreen phone?

The jury is also still out on the question if the Passport can change the BlackBerry stigma to something more positive, or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:00 AM
    What he is saying is basically:

That's a pretty weird looking and shaped phone. And it has a keyboard... In 2014.
    Can't they make a good a touchscreen phone?

The jury is also still out on the question if the Passport can change the BlackBerry stigma to something more positive, or not.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so he specified "weird" keyboard just for his health? Alright, makes sense... I'm glad you knew exactly what he meant by it.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-03-14 09:17 AM
    Ok, so he specified "weird" keyboard just for his health? Alright, makes sense... I'm glad you knew exactly what he meant by it.

Read the review again if you don't believe me.

There was no mention of him actually enjoying the physical over a virtual keyboard.
    He didn't demand that other manufacturers start to make keyboard phones again.
    Not even the consideration of going back to the physical keyboard form-factor after the review.
    The reviewer specificied weird keyboard, because compared to every other keyboard phone made in the last few years, it is indeed a weird one and one of the most obvious things to say.
    This absolutely doesn't mean that the keyboard itself, be it weird or not, isn't a deal breaker all by itself.
    He also specificied the form-factor and the 1:1 display as being potential deal breakers because they are totally outside of the norm.
    There are basically no apps optimised for that form-factor.

I could go on, but I hope that's enough for you to understand why I am pretty sure that the reviewer would have been far more impressed with a good and normal (16:9) all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:29 AM
    Read the review again if you don't believe me.

There was no mention of him actually enjoying the physical over a virtual keyboard.
    He didn't demand that other manufacturers start to make keyboard phones again.
    Not even the consideration of going back to the physical keyboard form-factor after the review.
    The reviewer specificied weird keyboard, because compared to every other keyboard phone made in the last few years, it is indeed a weird one and one of the most obvious things to say.
    This absolutely doesn't mean that the keyboard itself, be it weird or not, isn't a deal breaker all by itself.
    He also specificied the form-factor and the 1:1 display as being potential deal breakers because they are totally outside of the norm.
    There are basically no apps optimised for that form-factor.

I could go on, but I hope that's enough for you to understand why I am pretty sure that the reviewer would have been far more impressed with a good and normal (16:9) all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, that's fine. He actually did mention the distinction between that keyboard and a full keyboard, but that's ok, I believe you. You're right. :-)

11-03-14 10:15 AM
    Ok, that's fine. He actually did mention the distinction between that keyboard and a full keyboard, but that's ok, I believe you. You're right. :-)

You don't have to pretend, if you don't want to believe me :P
    But going from the subtext and that his last keyboard phone was a 2012 Droid 4 slider....
    He doesn't seem to be a keyboard guy. At all.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:36 AM
    You don't have to pretend, if you don't want to believe me :P
    But going from the subtext and that his last keyboard phone was a 2012 Droid 4 slider....
    He doesn't seem to be a keyboard guy. At all.

Posted via CB10
    The bit I quoted was more to do with what he perceives to be a hurdle for public opinion. Not his own personal preference for a personal phone. But again, just difference of opinion, so no biggie. ;-) (I'm trying to be good here, lol)

11-03-14 04:15 PM