That one interviewer probably should have changed into some better cloths after mowing her grass and before going on stage like that.
    01-09-13 12:58 PM
    Im glad someone else thinks this, i was beginning to think it was my British stiff upper lip and all that.
    I was even disappointed to see someone from RIM sitting there chewing gum, damn i must be getting old!
    01-09-13 01:17 PM
    Probably the least revealing interview ever lol it takes a conscious effort from the interviewers (tight-lipped on the hardware they've seen) and Alec (tight-lipped on apps, resorting to those already known) not to give anything away. Jan 30 can't come soon enough.
    01-09-13 01:26 PM
    The same two people were a lot more negative this time last year. Tim Stephens had perma-scowl the whole time.
    The more surprising thing is how the tide even seems to be turning to a certain extent with the commenters on there too, you still get the rip rim trolls, but that used to be the entirety of the comments a year ago.
    01-09-13 01:45 PM
    You know i think the reason the tide is changing is because people genuinely are wanting more from their phone, iOS and Android have offered nothing much new for a while now.
    When you look at BB10 you can see something unique and its appealing!
    01-09-13 02:08 PM
    I had a good interview session with Alec yesterday in his hotel sweet. Didn't record up a video, but had a good chat. Nothing really crazy from a new news perspective... I'll give this a watch. We can always post up.
    01-09-13 07:33 PM
    Alec has been trained in CorporateSpeak. Say nothing new. Committ to nothing you can be held to. Why have a bloody interview if you're not prepared to say something apart from what's already known??
    01-09-13 07:39 PM
    To keep positive in the press and building hype.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 08:10 PM
    I think all the pre-christmas leaks were all controlled leaks. RIM just wanted to get people to know enough about the OS and Hardware so that they could hold it for the launch and not impulsively buy another phone. I know it worked with a lot of my friends....Now that the Christmas is over, they know that no one is going anywhere....but come on!!!!! I need my dose of bb10 leaks or some kina new info...damn crackberry got me so hooked....I hate myself for scraping nooks and crannies on crackberry to see some old leaked videos...btw...still love that compass video the best...
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 10:51 PM
    I think all the pre-christmas leaks were all controlled leaks. RIM just wanted to get people to know enough about the OS and Hardware so that they could hold it for the launch and not impulsively buy another phone. I know it worked with a lot of my friends....Now that the Christmas is over, they know that no one is going anywhere....but come on!!!!! I need my dose of bb10 leaks or some kina new info...damn crackberry got me so hooked....I hate myself for scraping nooks and crannies on crackberry to see some old leaked videos...btw...still love that compass video the best...
    Stuff like Thorsten at the basketball was clearly a controlled leak, stuff like horrible blurry pics that show the device in a bad light will not have been controlled leaks at all because almost all responses were negative or at best doubtful based on those.
    01-10-13 08:41 AM
    Can never please humans can you? I guess its a slow day...nothing to see here
    01-10-13 09:04 AM
    Im glad someone else thinks this, i was beginning to think it was my British stiff upper lip and all that.
    I was even disappointed to see someone from RIM sitting there chewing gum, damn i must be getting old!
    Trust me, I completely agree with you on both accounts, and I'm not Brittish. Then again, I'm against the current trend of wearing a suit jacket, button up shirt, and tie with Jeans. That does not look professional to me personally. But the interview itself was very well done. They seemed genuinely excited for Alec to come on stage, and for Engadget that is a long departure from what they were a year ago.
    01-10-13 09:13 AM
37 12