Guys jump on feed below, Alex Saunders interviewed by Engadget. Get this on CB homepage.

Live from the Engadget CES Stage: an interview with RIM's Alec Saunders

EDIT: There just waiting for Alex to arrive so there just chatting about RIM.

Oww nevermind he is there.
    01-08-13 12:05 PM
    Man, I was Just about to post this! But cool.
    01-08-13 12:11 PM
    I would be very surprised if there wasnt a CB interview with Alec shortly.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-08-13 12:12 PM
    Bah he didn't really say anything we didn't already know
    01-08-13 12:19 PM
    Jumped on just to see them wrap up. Alec seemed pretty tight lipped, so I really don't know how much more info we'll get before January 30th.
    01-08-13 12:21 PM
    Nice positive vibe from Engadget.
    01-08-13 12:24 PM
    Bah he didn't really say anything we didn't already know
    Nope... Keeping to the status quo.... All secrets are being closely guarded.
    01-08-13 12:25 PM
    Yea Engadget did seem rather excited for BB10. Very excited.
    01-08-13 12:27 PM
    I don't know why I watched that. He didn't say anything. It was just a bunch of non-answers and stay tuned for January 30 answers. I get that they want to save all the big announcements for the world wide launch but you have to have a couple little morsels handy for pressers like CES if you're going to get on stage and do interviews.
    01-08-13 12:29 PM
    I don't know why I watched that. He didn't say anything. It was just a bunch of non-answers and stay tuned for January 30 answers. I get that they want to save all the big announcements for the world wide launch but you have to have a couple little morsels handy for pressers like CES if you're going to get on stage and do interviews.
    CES caters to a much larger audience, and many of these people know little to nothing about bb10. It's good exposure either way
    BB_Bmore, howarmat and kemayou like this.
    01-08-13 02:20 PM
    True Alec Saunders with developer and Alex Kinsella with the social team are there....they seem to be chummy with the carriers and their events. I wonder what they're really doing there, probably some guerrilla marketing tactics #wishfulthinking
    01-08-13 03:16 PM
    i was and still am hoping for a little more bb10 exposure at CES but i dont think we will see it. Jan 30th will be the day but again not many normal people will be exposed by that event. The rest of the media will need to pick up and run with the events on the 30th and bring bb10 to the rest of the world. What time is the event on the 30th anyway? I cant seem to find that info out.
    01-08-13 03:22 PM
    i was and still am hoping for a little more bb10 exposure at CES but i dont think we will see it. Jan 30th will be the day but again not many normal people will be exposed by that event. The rest of the media will need to pick up and run with the events on the 30th and bring bb10 to the rest of the world. What time is the event on the 30th anyway? I cant seem to find that info out.
    I hear it starts at 8:30 am EST
    01-08-13 03:30 PM
    I hear it starts at 8:30 am EST
    hmmm seems early but i guess this is a world wide thing
    01-08-13 03:41 PM
    Man...8:30am EST means 5:30am my time here in Vancouver. Looks like it'll be a bright and early day for me...
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-08-13 04:26 PM
    I watched the interview just now; and I'm actually surprised that the two people from Engadget were "relatively" excited and supportive of Blackberry. The one comment that I find of interest from Alec occurred at the 12'33' where he said a blackberry device is primarily a communications device - its not just for sitting around and consuming media. I'm not entirely sure what I make of that. Nevertheless, thought he did well.
    01-08-13 10:03 PM
    I watched the interview just now; and I'm actually surprised that the two people from Engadget were "relatively" excited and supportive of Blackberry. The one comment that I find of interest from Alec occurred at the 12'33' where he said a blackberry device is primarily a communications device - its not just for sitting around and consuming media. I'm not entirely sure what I make of that. Nevertheless, thought he did well.
    Hopefully not an excuse of why there isn't media apps
    01-08-13 10:06 PM
    Hopefully not an excuse of why there isn't media apps
    He meant it wasnt only a media consumption device.
    01-08-13 10:41 PM
    That's definitely good press from Engadget.
    01-08-13 11:44 PM
    He was referring to how they perceive BlackBerry people use a BlackBerry. Plus he's correct...a BlackBerry is not just for sitting around and consuming media but neither is an iPhone, SG3 or WP8.
    I wouldn't read to much into it.
    peter9477 and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    01-09-13 07:54 AM
    Yep, he was speaking precisely. "Not just for X" means something has value other than for doing X. In other words, he's making a dig at the competition, saying they're useful for doing X (consuming media, in this case) but nothing else. BB10 will be really good at that *and* communication (and lots of other things).
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-09-13 08:42 AM
    Here is a link to the interview: Engadget Interviews Alec Saunders at CES 2013 | NerdBerry.net

Engadget has flipped 180 degrees. They are interested and excited about BB10 now. All this seemed to changed after the interview with Thor. Thor really has a lot of charisma.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-09-13 09:01 AM
    Here is a link to the interview: Engadget Interviews Alec Saunders at CES 2013 | NerdBerry.net

Engadget has flipped 180 degrees. They are interested and excited about BB10 now. All this seemed to changed after the interview with Thor. Thor really has a lot of charisma.
    It also likely depends on which staff member is involved. But it is a hopeful sign at the very least.
    01-09-13 09:02 AM

I think it may have just as much to do with them now having used BB10 (1:48min in video) and that they have seen the final hardware (1:57min in video...oops NDA)
    Snap51 likes this.
    01-09-13 09:35 AM
    It also likely depends on which staff member is involved. But it is a hopeful sign at the very least.
    The same two people were a lot more negative this time last year. Tim Stephens had perma-scowl the whole time.
    southlander and jakie55 like this.
    01-09-13 12:30 PM
37 12