Just saying, before you know it you'll not have a choice, it will be that kind of TV box or nothing.
    The general public should have a vote on these things. The consensus is take it or leave it....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 06:36 PM
    Its not a source. Its my own take on how this may pan out. The only information available is the patent. Is that not clear?
    No, not clear at all. We all read the article, and while I can understand fears one may have from a reading like that, it's always important to be cynical towards it. I mean seriously how much plausibility does a scenario like the one in the article really have? I'm sure the patent could be read in a number of ways anyway. At least you admit your speculating, just as the article is, which is completely fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-06-12 07:36 PM
    No, not clear at all. We all read the article, and while I can understand fears one may have from a reading like that, it's always important to be cynical towards it. I mean seriously how much plausibility does a scenario like the one in the article really have? I'm sure the patent could be read in a number of ways anyway. At least you admit your speculating, just as the article is, which is completely fine.

If the patent is put in practice, how long do you think before the authorities demand access to it without a warrant in the name of "keeping you safe"?
    12-07-12 12:10 AM
    I think we have always known that this type of infringement has been around but have chosen to ignore it.People know what is going on around them they just ignore it and go on with there lives hoping that we will never have to deal with this because fear rules and edification is easy for the masses to digest. It seems only a few who chose to spread the knowledge of truth come to light and then are labeled as conspiracy theorists or crazies. Sure this type of thing exists but only because we ALLOW it. Privacy is only in your mind at this point, at least thats my take.
    12-07-12 01:11 AM
    I think we have always known that this type of infringement has been around but have chosen to ignore it.People know what is going on around them they just ignore it and go on with there lives hoping that we will never have to deal with this because fear rules and edification is easy for the masses to digest. It seems only a few who chose to spread the knowledge of truth come to light and then are labeled as conspiracy theorists or crazies. Sure this type of thing exists but only because we ALLOW it. Privacy is only in your mind at this point, at least thats my take.
    I truly believe that if the dictatorial communist regimes, like the one I grew up in, had this kind of technology they would've never have fallen.
    12-07-12 01:26 AM
    The general public should have a vote on these things. The consensus is take it or leave it....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Its for our own safety. There will be no vote. Just like my european passport. You MUST submit to a finger printing as the passports are biometric. Its for our safety. If you claim it intrudes on your privacy they will claim its for the greater good and that they don't really do anything with it anyway. So maybe next finger prints for plane tickets, then train tickets, then bus tickets, then retina scan like minority report. Its for our safety and to minimize counterfeiting though, so its ok. The main thing they do is condition people to think that those who claim its not righ are crazy, and have conspiracy theroies. Backing it up with studies to show us these things are for our safety is another thing they do.
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-07-12 07:55 AM
    I truly believe that if the dictatorial communist regimes, like the one I grew up in, had this kind of technology they would've never have fallen.
    I agree. And if the general public can now have the technology to produce EEG controlled helicopters there is no telling what hides behind closed doors.
    12-07-12 01:41 PM
    Its for our own safety. There will be no vote. Just like my european passport. You MUST submit to a finger printing as the passports are biometric. Its for our safety. If you claim it intrudes on your privacy they will claim its for the greater good and that they don't really do anything with it anyway. So maybe next finger prints for plane tickets, then train tickets, then bus tickets, then retina scan like minority report. Its for our safety and to minimize counterfeiting though, so its ok. The main thing they do is condition people to think that those who claim its not righ are crazy, and have conspiracy theroies. Backing it up with studies to show us these things are for our safety is another thing they do.
    I have to have fingerprint clearance just to get a job in my field and believe me what I do is not top secret. But I do see where it is useful in aiding to detect fraudulent activities in passports and things of that nature. But now law enforcement have access to your text message records for two years... That seems a little overzealous. I suppose one could argue that if you are not doing anything nefarious you have nothing to worry about but still I do not agree with it.
    12-07-12 01:53 PM
    'Verizon patent application for TV snooping tech rejected'
    The U.S. Patent Office has delivered a “non-final” rejection of a Verizon patent application for a controversial technology that would have served targeted ads to TV viewers based on what they might be doing or saying in front of their sets.

Verizon patent application for TV snooping tech rejected | PCWorld

All that worrying for nothing, see.
    12-07-12 07:02 PM
    "Paranoia strikes deep ....into your life it will creep ..... starts when you're always afraid .... step out of line, the man comes and takes you away ........"
    Stephen Stills
    switcharoo and Moonbase0ne like this.
    12-07-12 08:42 PM
    The U.S. Patent Office has delivered a “non-final” rejection of a Verizon patent application for a controversial technology that would have served targeted ads to TV viewers based on what they might be doing or saying in front of their sets.

Well, if you think a "non-final" rejection will stop it from happening, do you believe 2 of them will/has stopped Apple?

U.S. patent office declares 'the Steve Jobs patent' entirely invalid on non-final basis

For the second time in less than two months, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued a first Office action tentatively declaring a key Apple multitouch patent invalid.
    FOSS Patents: U.S. patent office declares 'the Steve Jobs patent' entirely invalid on non-final basis

All that worrying for something, see.
    12-07-12 10:25 PM
    Well, if you think a "non-final" rejection will stop it from happening, do you believe 2 of them will/has stopped Apple?

FOSS Patents: U.S. patent office declares 'the Steve Jobs patent' entirely invalid on non-final basis

All that worrying for something, see.
    The difference is, the Apple patent had already been granted. It has been revoked because a judge ruled that the idea isn't patentable, same as when they tried to trademark the word 'multi-touch'. All it means is that Apple can't sue everyone who makes mulch-touch devices, whereas the Verizon patent was a wide net largely rejected. People have a lot more common sense than some seem to think, if it's universally opposed, it's never going to be adopted. Verizon filed a patent, people preached doom and gloom and within a fortnight it was rejected. If this is the best the all wise and all evil "new world order" can come up with, I think I'll continue to sleep quite soundly.
    12-08-12 02:23 PM
    The difference is, the Apple patent had already been granted. It has been revoked because a judge ruled that the idea isn't patentable, same as when they tried to trademark the word 'multi-touch'. All it means is that Apple can't sue everyone who makes mulch-touch devices, whereas the Verizon patent was a wide net largely rejected. People have a lot more common sense than some seem to think, if it's universally opposed, it's never going to be adopted. Verizon filed a patent, people preached doom and gloom and within a fortnight it was rejected. If this is the best the all wise and all evil "new world order" can come up with, I think I'll continue to sleep quite soundly.
    These patents aren't the best they've got. The best they've got is the systematic conditioning to make anyone who is against the norm/status quo seem nuts. they also condition you to make you think you aren't conditioned. They do it so well and slowly over time through means which are not even remotely related to the NWO.
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-08-12 02:36 PM

Yeah and all of the bans on gay marriage won't be inevitably overturned eventually too
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-08-12 02:42 PM
    People have a lot more common sense than some seem to think, if it's universally opposed, it's never going to be adopted.
    I posted that to show you that just because a patent has been temporarily dismissed/denied, it does not mean that the idea will not come to fruition as you eluded to in your post.
    The technology has already been invented and tested to a certain extent; hence, the idea of a patent.

Not having a patent for a technology just means that you do not own it.
    A technology does not have to be patented to come to fruition.
    It does mean that if someone else owns the patent rights, if you want to use that technology, you just have to pay for it.

So, I believe you're incorrect in thinking that because a patent has been temporarily or permanently denied means that the technology will not come to fruition.
    12-08-12 03:29 PM
    I started listing to Alex Jones, about two years ago. He was a little off his rocker, but I liked his love of liberty, freedom, The Constitution ,and Bill of Rights, as well as his love and respect for the founding fathers. There needs to be more personal liberty and less tyrannical control freak governments, no matter where on this plant someone lives.
    I did set out to disprove most the things he said, because they sounded crazy.
    I have found about 80% of what he says is true and can be proven,
    I dont bother debating with the sheep people on the internet. I know where I stand, and were my line in the sand is. I just leave it at that, but it was nice to see a Infowars .com article posted here.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776...
    Last edited by ccw9mm; 12-09-12 at 10:42 PM.
    12-09-12 10:12 PM
    Its coming. There are companies that want to use this technology, such as Intel.

Outcut from the many claims on the "CraZY TiNfoiL haT paTent":
    "9. The method of claim 1, further comprising: identifying, by the media content presentation system, the user; wherein the selecting of the advertisement is based at least partially on a user profile associated with the identified user. "

Intel's intention:
    "Intel’s set-top-box will also have a camera that could be used to automatically steer content and ads toward specific users."

JR0898
    "just because it's patented, doesn't mean they're planning on using it. "
    "Infowars has been scaremongering with stuff like this for years, nothing has ever come of it."

ynomrah
    "we've seen some sh*t crazy patents over the last 3 years that intentions will likely never see the light of day."
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 02-13-13 at 01:53 AM.
    02-13-13 01:32 AM
    Actually, this has some truth, and not just scaremongering. The NSA (National Security Administration) created a program that most wireless companies push to devices, or comes loaded to sim cards that you can't detect, or remove. That paired with your on board gps (that most phone now have), makes it easy to track you down if you are up to no good. Why do you think most criminals and terrorists use disposable phones...
    02-13-13 05:38 AM
    You have to admit though it would be pretty funny if you were getting busy on the sofa and an ad for condoms popped up...
    02-13-13 06:36 AM
    Dude, your tinfoil hat is on so tight its making your nose bleed.

Tin foil hat comments make me laugh, I love that phrase. Classic
    02-13-13 07:26 AM
45 12