Is BB continuing to make the Playbook or is it considered an end of life product?

jeff

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 06:47 AM
    Heins said something interesting on CNBC. He said that all existing PlayBooks will be updated to BB10. He also said that profitability in the tablet space was a difficult proposition. I'm paraphrasing of course and going on what I inferred but the comment struck me as being somewhat cryptic.
    02-01-13 06:57 AM
    Ya, the focus should be on the handsets at the moment and upgrade the current PBs to BB10. Although he said that, tablets are part of the whole mobile computing message that Heins has been pushing, so we'll have to see I guess.
    02-01-13 07:16 AM
    Turn that over to Lenovo with BB10 (tablet version) license. That would be the perfect answer as far as I'm concerned.

I have always thought--and said so on these formus--that the PlayBook was never a product. It was a test platform to put QNX in the mobile space and figure out how to use it in that space. To that end, the PlayBook's job is done and is no longer needed. For those of use who love that little underdog, it will be terrible to see it go.

Does anyone else see a connection with the fact that the PB LTE was out in Canada and UK and they have the BB10 early? Maybe, BlackBerry used that to get carrier testing done in time for the BB10 launch. Probably the US carriers wouldn't approve the BB10 phones on the basis of the PlayBook LTE stack so BlackBerry never bothered with the US release. Hmmm?
    Last edited by jrohland; 02-01-13 at 07:44 AM.
    02-01-13 07:28 AM