Long time BlackBerry user but at end of my Q10 contract with Bell. If you had to choose a phone what would it be??

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 02:15 PM
    Long time BlackBerry user but at end of my Q10 contract with Bell. If you had to choose a phone what would it be??

Posted via CB10
    If you want a keyboard... PRIV.

Other wise.... it's a whole new world out there.
    11-02-15 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10? Passport and Classic are the only options. Z30 if you like full touch.

Done with BlackBerry? Priv or Lumia 950.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 02:31 PM
    Priv for me. Otherwise it would be a passport. I'm going to venture into the world of Android for now though.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 03:00 PM
    If you want a keyboard... PRIV.

Other wise.... it's a whole new world out there.
    ... and a touch screen! :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-02-15 05:00 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    By your acknowledgement as longtime BB user ...

If you like the 3.1" size *footprint of the Q10, then I'd look at the Classic @ 3.5"

Others have stated the Priv *keyboard & BB's first foray into Android - big @ 5.4"
    Passport - BB familiarity @ 4.5"

I am out of contract and decided to keep my Q10 *bought a Classic and use an iPhone 5s for multimedia.
    11-02-15 05:15 PM
    Passport SE. Or Classic aka Q20.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-02-15 05:19 PM
    Depending on your wallet and the access, my choice would be the Passport Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 11-02-15 at 08:53 PM.
    11-02-15 05:27 PM
    iPhone 6
    11-02-15 08:49 PM
    iPhone 6
    Please stay on topic... ;-)

TopFit likes this.
    11-02-15 09:23 PM
    Keep using what you have and use this as an opportunity to break the link to carrier provided devices. Six months to a year from now it will be clear that the Priv has failed and BB10 is dead. At that point if you want to stay with BB10 you will be able to get a device at fire sale prices, move to iOS, or get a droid from a successful droid manufacturer.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-03-15 08:00 AM
    Keep using what you have and use this as an opportunity to break the link to carrier provided devices. Six months to a year from now it will be clear that the Priv has failed and BB10 is dead. At that point if you want to stay with BB10 you will be able to get a device at fire sale prices, move to iOS, or get a droid from a successful droid manufacturer.
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 12:24 PM
    Please stay on topic... ;-)

He didn't say his next phone absolutely HAD to be a BlackBerry, and you know it. Try letting go of your biases for a second.
    11-03-15 02:01 PM
    I'd go with a Passport or Classic. Otherwise cave like the rest and go with the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:10 PM
    It depends a lot on your needs and wants. If you're an app junkie, then I would look very hard at the Priv. If your goal is connectivity and communications, I'd stick with BB10 - Passport or Classic, assuming you want to stay with the physical keyboard.

If you're hesitant to get the Priv before we know more about its real-world usability, I would highly suggest either keeping your Q10 or buying a less expensive phone outright ad save the extra money from being out of contract to pay cash for your next phone.

If you just don't want to be bothered and don't care about productivity, grab an iPhone!
    Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:11 PM
    One of my contracts ended in 2011, I'm still using the same phone. The other contract ended in 2014 and I'm still using that phone. As long as it works and does what I need I don't feel I need to upgrade, however there has only been 2 phones that I have been interested in.
    11-03-15 02:30 PM
    Get the awesome BB Passport Silver Edition. You will love it.

  
    11-03-15 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    What are you looking for in a phone?
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-03-15 02:36 PM
    He didn't say his next phone absolutely HAD to be a BlackBerry, and you know it. Try letting go of your biases for a second.
    Just insinuating the notion in a non-malicious fashion that we're still on a BlackBerry fan site, and therefore the recommendation of an iPhone might not be expected, respected or just slightly off...

Oh, the iTolerance PC is strong here.... :-D

No prob with anyone buying or recommending an iPhone, it's a "safe choice" (and recommendation) after all...

11-03-15 03:15 PM
    Agree with breaking away from carrier dependance.

The Priv hasn't even been released. Why so negative?
    Yeah, why doesn't BlackBerry just shut shop, and CrackBerry.com just HTTP redirect permanent 301 to iAndroid Central ... :-))))

11-03-15 03:19 PM
    What are you looking for in a phone?
    That's a good question. Thanks!

:-)

11-03-15 03:21 PM
    Just insinuating the notion in a non-malicious fashion that we're still on a BlackBerry fan site, and therefore the recommendation of an iPhone might not be expected, respected or just slightly off...

Oh, the iTolerance PC is strong here.... :-D

No prob with anyone buying or recommending an iPhone, it's a "safe choice" (and recommendation) after all...

Yeah, it's a pro-BB site, but unless someone specifically says they want a BlackBerry device(which the OP did not say), any device is worthy of being considered "on topic." That's the problem with having biases. Sometimes, they manifest whether you want them to or not.
    11-03-15 03:24 PM
    I have the z10 and there isn't a blackberry replacement for that.

Just ordered a iPhone 5s though, because I have just extended my contract with my carrier. I have a better contract, I save a few bucks a month and they gave me the iPhone 5s for free. Also I need that device because the aux port of my z10 is faulty and I'm going to use the iPhone for the couple of weeks when my z10 is at the repairs.

So if the iPhone is better, I will keep it as my main phone. But we will see.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 04:17 PM
    I have the z10 and there isn't a blackberry replacement for that.

Just ordered a iPhone 5s though, because I have just extended my contract with my carrier. I have a better contract, I save a few bucks a month and they gave me the iPhone 5s for free. Also I need that device because the aux port of my z10 is faulty and I'm going to use the iPhone for the couple of weeks when my z10 is at the repairs.

So if the iPhone is better, I will keep it as my main phone. But we will see.

Posted via CB10
    The 5s is a nice little device but, of course, the ecosystems are totally different. Best of luck.
    11-03-15 04:33 PM
39 12