I have a BB Curve 8900. My SD Card is set to use enryption, with Encryption of media files Enabled. I am using Security Password (Options - Memory). What happens if I select device? I notice that I could remove the password if Device is selected. Does this mean that the SD Card could only be read in the BB? If I leave the current option Security Password, will I be able to read the SD card in any other device (Computer, or another phone)?
    10-08-09 02:08 PM
    You will be able to read the SD card in other devices, the encryption/password are strictly for the BlackBerry - if you lose your BB, and you have the password enabled, people won't be able to get into anything (unless, of course, they pull the SD card out and wipe it.
    10-08-09 02:42 PM
    You will be able to read the SD card in other devices, the encryption/password are strictly for the BlackBerry - if you lose your BB, and you have the password enabled, people won't be able to get into anything (unless, of course, they pull the SD card out and wipe it.
    So, what's the difference between using Security Password or Device or Both(Options - Memory)?
    10-08-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD