I'm just wondering what this is and what happens when I check this box under the WiFi options?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 11:30 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. Anyone??

11-25-09 11:40 AM
    To switch Wi-Fi networks automatically when you move between Wi-Fi coverage areas, clear the Enable single-profile scanning check box. Your device tries to connect to Wi-Fi networks based on the order in which they appear in your Wi-Fi profile list.
    11-25-09 01:01 PM
    Astack is correct. Single Profile Scanning stays locked to a particular profile when you are in an area where there is multiple coverage areas and prevents your phone from automatically switching to your other saved profiles in the same range.
    11-25-09 01:04 PM
    When I am in a WiFi coverage area, call it "Mechanical Engineering Department" and it says you're connected, but the connection isna white bar (this meaning you are connected to it, but it'a not being utilised), how do I make it so that the WiFi network IS being used?

11-25-09 01:07 PM
    When I am in a WiFi coverage area, call it "Mechanical Engineering Department" and it says you're connected, but the connection isna white bar (this meaning you are connected to it, but it'a not being utilised), how do I make it so that the WiFi network IS being used?

Hmm are you connecting to your work's wifi? Are you on BES? Also if it is a work WIFI is an unsecured open network or a hotspot which requires a login/acceptance of terms after connecting.. if its a secured work network it may be mac address filtered and probably a static network which you will have to manually set an IP address for your device and you will have to get that from your IT department.
    11-25-09 01:27 PM
    No it'a an open network which has no security and I am in the Building when the WiFi network switches to this Mech Eng network but it's always greyed out and it never becomes solid, therefore it never seems to connect properly. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do. There is no place where I can input codes and such.

11-25-09 03:08 PM
    No it'a an open network which has no security and I am in the Building when the WiFi network switches to this Mech Eng network but it's always greyed out and it never becomes solid, therefore it never seems to connect properly. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do. There is no place where I can input codes and such.

My engineering building wifi is open - however I need to log in. To do so you go to the wifi options and then click on... umm i dont have my phone on me. I forget but there is a place where you hit to login your username and password and then it should work.
    11-25-09 03:12 PM
    Try this once it does show you are connected to the network and its still grey open your browser click on bookmarks and scroll up and there is and option for WIFI HOTSPOT LOGIN click it and see what happens

11-25-09 07:58 PM
    Try this once it does show you are connected to the network and its still grey open your browser click on bookmarks and scroll up and there is and option for WIFI HOTSPOT LOGIN click it and see what happens

Exactly what I was trying to say!
    BTW - how did you post at 9:58 PM when it's only 9:35 PM right now?

EDIT: NVM - I'm blind. I know it said 9:58! This CB forums is playing with me! I know it!
    11-25-09 08:35 PM
    Exactly what I was trying to say!
    BTW - how did you post at 9:58 PM when it's only 9:35 PM right now?

EDIT: NVM - I'm blind. I know it said 9:58! This CB forums is playing with me! I know it!
    ROFL dunno what to tell you friend :P Thats between you and your psychiatrist :P
    11-25-09 09:22 PM
    Is there any setting in the wifi options that will automatically pick up a wifi signal when in range and ask you if you want to connect to that or stay on the network?
    Kinda like the way the ipoop tells you?
    11-25-09 09:35 PM
    Is there any setting in the wifi options that will automatically pick up a wifi signal when in range and ask you if you want to connect to that or stay on the network?
    Kinda like the way the ipoop tells you?
    Haven't seen one yet. So I don't think so but I could be wrong..
    11-25-09 11:32 PM
    You can go to wifi setup and manually scan for networks if you think you are in a hotspot, it will not do this on its own.
    11-29-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD