I was reading some threads last night about emulation mode and I did not quite receive the answer that I was looking for. Which emulation mode does everybody recommend for the internet browser. BB or Microsoft IE?? or even a different one?? I do not use Opera Mini due to not being able to install due to my IT policy on the BES incase that makes a difference. I'm usually on CB and ESPN websites the most.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!
    01-31-08 04:31 PM
    Microsoft IE and Netscape, when combined with all the other check boxes being selected, will provide you with the closest experience possible to desktop browsing. Some things will still be lacking, and some sites will simply render better in their mobile versions, even with all these settings.
    01-31-08 06:45 PM
    shemmy - thanks for your input.

What emulation mode is best for typical browsing??
    01-31-08 11:58 PM
    Personally, I leave every box checked and have emulation set to BB. A lot of sites I visit (Fox News, ABC News, CB, BBC) will default to a very well formatted PDA page that way. I do use Opera mini for a lot of sites, but web forums about cars or religion are probably not things you'd visit on your BB browser because of the IT policy being able to monitor what you're surfing.
    02-02-08 06:49 PM
    My IT dept does not monitor... Thankfully!! Or at least that's what they say.
    I'll try those settings and see how I like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 07:54 PM
    I always used the Pocket Internet Explorer emulation when I had a Blackberry. Using that, if a web site was programmed to reformat to a mobile-friendly page it usually would upon detection of Pocket IE. That is unless it was the Blackberry Forums site, which would only shift into mobile mode if it detected the client as the Blackberry browser.
    02-02-08 08:49 PM
    ABC News, Fox News, ESPN, CNN, and BBC will all default to a mobile site if the emulation is left on BlackBerry. The same holds true for Yahoo and Google pages.
    02-04-08 08:23 AM
    So then a lot more sites are checking for the Blackberry Browser. That's good. That last time I did any significant browsing with the Blackberry Browser set in native mode was back on a 7780. Not many sites were looking out for that browser then, so I switched it to Pocket IE and just left it there for the most part.
    02-04-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD