OK what exactly is emulation and what should it be set on?? I am seeing people using different settings and am wondering why.

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    02-18-09 11:30 AM
    Emulation is a browser setting that allows BB's to view websites that aren't usually available for viewing on a BB.

It can help when browsing a site where you may have to enable java script and then are unable to submit a comment or that sort of thing.

Personally, I don't think you need to worry to much about it until you hit a problem doing something on a website using your BB; then you may need to change it.

~Jazzi~

BTW: I tried to be as untechnical as I could with my explanation. I'm sorry if I confused you more.

02-18-09 11:40 AM
    It is found when you open your browser, hit menu > Options > scroll down to Emulation mode > Choices are: Blackberry,WAP, Microsoft IE, MS Pocket IE, and Netscape. Those are what are on my Curve 8310 running 4.5.0.124.

I have it set on Blackberry and it seems to work fine for me.

~Jazzi~

02-18-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks for all the replys.
    laurie
    02-19-09 01:54 PM
    I used Microsoft IE for a while, but couldnt tell you any noteable differences from the BB mode. I have mine set to blackberry as well.
    02-19-09 02:18 PM
    With the emulation you can visit websites and not get treated like a second class web surfer. In other words, in most cases you will not get the mobile version of the site. I had one heck of a hard time trying to download google maps till I realized that the emulation was set to IE, once set to BB got recognized as a mobile device and got the download option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD