Employee Discounts,Just like the Auto Sector !!! I tried to buy a Z30 yesterday and got totally frustrated with a Bell guy ,he told me they were out of stock and I think he ended what could have been a sale right then and there.We all see the auto companies offering employee discounts to anyone, so why doesn't BB take the bull by the horns and give me a great deal on a desired phone that I want.I've heard here that people in Waterloo could get a Z30 for $400 if you knew someone who works for BB.The carriers are not doing BB any good we all know that.It's time to ask and see what comes out of it.
    03-10-14 05:36 PM
    .....what?

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and stlabrat like this.
    03-10-14 05:38 PM
    Employee Discounts,Just like the Auto Sector !!! I tried to buy a Z30 yesterday and got totally frustrated with a Bell guy ,he told me they were out of stock and I think he ended what could have been a sale right then and there.We all see the auto companies offering employee discounts to anyone, so why doesn't BB take the bull by the horns and give me a great deal on a desired phone that I want.I've heard here that people in Waterloo could get a Z30 for $400 if you knew someone who works for BB.The carriers are not doing BB any good we all know that.It's time to ask and see what comes out of it.
    You heard right I acquired a Z30 for $400 from BlackBerry Employee they are only allowed 15 phones a year

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-10-14 06:33 PM
    I bought two Z30s from Sasktel.com for $600.00 each 3 month ago. I love the Z30.
    03-10-14 06:40 PM
    Yeah, a 99% off discount would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 06:52 PM
    You heard right I acquired a Z30 for $400 from BlackBerry Employee they are only allowed 15 phones a year

Posted via CB10
    Fifteen devices a year? BlackBerry must be desperate to move product because when I worked there the limit was five devices each year and that was before BlackBerry 10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-10-14 07:01 PM
    Fifteen devices a year? BlackBerry must be desperate to move product because when I worked there the limit was five devices each year and that was before BlackBerry 10.

So you worked there ,would you mind me getting an employee discount? I don't think so .Cosco is selling cars on the internet and from many different car companies ,what's the big deal to give me an employee discount,I think it would be a great promotion just like the car co's do when they have too much stock.Start by putting some ads on CB and see how it goes or even BBM everybody about the Discounts.
    03-10-14 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's 349 the last time I checked. And I think it's less than 15 but I could be wrong.

Posted via my Z30
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 03-10-14 at 07:57 PM.
    03-10-14 07:18 PM
    No offense but my brain hurt trying to read that and I still don't know what you wrote. So are you asking an employee to help you out? Btw it's basically friends and family of employees. Maybe make nice with an employee. Or check on reddit in the blackberry subreddit. There are plenty of employees who post and lurk there.

Protip: you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Posted via my Z30
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 03-11-14 at 09:01 AM.
    03-10-14 07:25 PM
    It's 349 at the moment last time I checked. And I think it's less than 15 but I could be wrong.

Posted via my Z30
    You Cracked me up on that one,lol
    03-10-14 07:25 PM
    No offense but my brain hurt trying to read that and I still don't know what you wrote. So are you asking an employee to help you out? Btw it's basically friends and family of employees. Maybe are nice with an employee. Or check on reddit in the blackberry subreddit. There are plenty of employees who post and lurk there.

Protip: you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Posted via my Z30
    Funny about the honey and vinegar,think about it
    03-10-14 07:31 PM
    Ya I was typing too fast, didn't even pick up the typo lol
    03-10-14 07:58 PM
    IF BB were to pass employee discounts along to everyone (aka the Customer), depending on the level of the discount I would suffer the wrath of the Finance Minister (aka Wife ) and buy a Z30 (after suffering the fall out - Uffda!) just to try it and have as an alternative to my Q10.
    03-10-14 08:20 PM

It's called the Friends and family program so 15 devices a year is not unreasonable.
    03-10-14 09:09 PM
    They should just give them away for free.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:18 PM
    I suggested with a thread that BlackBerry should sell discounted devices to us loyalists which can be easily identified by BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    03-10-14 10:29 PM
    I suggested with a thread that BlackBerry should sell discounted devices to us loyalists which can be easily identified by BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    They are pretty well guaranteed a revenue stream from this group, which is only too happy to evangelize anyway to friends and family. They would be crazy to offer deep discounts.

Discounts or perks for legacy owners to switch to BB10 would be more interesting since that transition has been very poor to date but they have a group loyal to the product if not the company. The offers have to address the main concerns/wants or they will still lose this group, though.
    03-10-14 10:51 PM
    It's 349 the last time I checked. And I think it's less than 15 but I could be wrong.

Posted via my Z30
    It's 349 without tax, with tax is close to 400

posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    03-10-14 10:56 PM
    The friends and family deal is up to 10 devices, per year.
    03-10-14 11:06 PM
    It's 349 without tax, with tax is close to 400

posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    That is true, and that is not including the cost of shipping.
    03-10-14 11:39 PM

Posted via my Z30
    Yes it is 349 but after taxes came to 395. 37 ?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 04:29 AM
    IF BB were to pass employee discounts along to everyone (aka the Customer), depending on the level of the discount I would suffer the wrath of the Finance Minister (aka Wife ) and buy a Z30 (after suffering the fall out - Uffda!) just to try it and have as an alternative to my Q10.
    It is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for approval
    03-11-14 05:16 AM
    I work at BestBuy and Samsung, Sony, HP, etc always give us deals on products in return for learning about the products. BlackBerry should do the same thing for electronics sales associates. I don't know about just giving them away to the general public though.. normally a business needs to make money to stay in business.. especially after losing a couple billion the previous quarter.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:34 AM
    I work at BestBuy and Samsung, Sony, HP, etc always give us deals on products in return for learning about the products. BlackBerry should do the same thing for electronics sales associates. I don't know about just giving them away to the general public though.. normally a business needs to make money to stay in business.. especially after losing a couple billion the previous quarter.

Posted via CB10
    They can make money on Accessories and Apps,Car dealers make money on servicing the car after the sale,I wouldn't want to pay for upgrades though.
    03-11-14 07:54 AM
    So you worked there ,would you mind me getting an employee discount? I don't think so .Cosco is selling cars on the internet and from many different car companies ,what's the big deal to give me an employee discount,I think it would be a great promotion just like the car co's do when they have too much stock.Start by putting some ads on CB and see how it goes or even BBM everybody about the Discounts.
    I highlighted the essential word in my previous posting. In case you missed that grammar lesson the verb is in the past tense. My co-workers were mostly very good people but management was screwed up. I thought I was joining an industry pioneer; instead I joined a company in the midst of its death knells. Maybe John Chen can resuscitate the company and the brand because my first smartphone was a BlackBerry 8820 (2008) and I don't want an Apple iPhone or a Manufacturer-X Droid.
    03-11-14 05:10 PM
35 12