Hey guys,
    This is something that's been bothering me a great deal recently. I really like to use my phone to look at both blogs on the browser as well as using bleacher report. But this problem is also for any Web page with an embedded video such as a Vine in the article. What happens is, no matter where the video is on the webpage, even if It's not on the screen of my device, it'll just blow up on the whole screen and I can't even view the article! I can hit to go back again but once I begin scrolling once more, the video will just blow up again! It's so irritating and I'm wondering if there's a fix for this? The only thing I've tried is to turn flash on/off for the Web browser but that hasn't done anything for me and also doesn't solve the bleacher report issue since it uses its own browser. Please get back to me!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:15 AM
    It's mostly a hybrid of vine and bleacher report and BlackBerry problem.

For BlackBerry, a media shouldn't always just pop up unless you click it.

For vine, the irritating replay nonstop is what makes it worse

Br for insisting on using vines endlessly.

I've had that problem a lot before expecially when it comes to commenting on their articles. I think the solution I came up with was opening the article in the browser (desktop mode) works

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:19 PM
    So I think you're referring to a looping video on these pages. When it pops up press pause on the bottom then swipe down from the top you will go back to the page and it shouldn't pop up again. Atleast it did for me when I tried bleacher report.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    05-19-14 08:35 PM
    So I think you're referring to a looping video on these pages. When it pops up press pause on the bottom then swipe down from the top you will go back to the page and it shouldn't pop up again. Atleast it did for me when I tried bleacher report.

Sometimes it keeps doing it regardless of pressing pause. Vine is annoying

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 10:22 PM
    Sorry that didn't work. If you like vine maybe try the 3rd party app wine. Or use snap to download the android version. I have no idea if the android version works, because I don't use it.

05-20-14 10:06 AM
    I'm also very annoyed by that. Anyone know a work around?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:58 AM
    Same thing on Grantland... super frustrating. Dismissing the video just makes it come back a few seconds later. Reader mode renders the Vine as well, Bah. Any help appreciated.
    07-21-14 10:28 PM
    I'm also very annoyed by that. Anyone know a work around?

Posted via CB10
    Press pause and hope it doesn't pop up. If it does press it again lol

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:21 PM
    This is mostly due to BlackBerry's insistence on automatically switching to full screen when a video playback is detected, combined with the recent Web page trend use the "play on focus" trigger to try to catch your eye with an automatically played video.

An easy solution would be to only automatically switch to full screen playback when the phone is being held in a landscape orientation, but otherwise play in its embedded location when the page is being viewed in portrait orientation. After all, it's pretty silly to use "full screen" on portrait since it still results in a small video.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:52 PM
    This is mostly due to BlackBerry's insistence on automatically switching to full screen when a video playback is detected, combined with the recent Web page trend use the "play on focus" trigger to try to catch your eye with an automatically played video.

An easy solution would be to only automatically switch to full screen playback when the phone is being held in a landscape orientation, but otherwise play in its embedded location when the page is being viewed in portrait orientation. After all, it's pretty silly to use "full screen" on portrait since it still results in a small video.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's mostly BlackBerry fault still. If I pause the video I should be able to go on without the video popping back up into full screen. Most times that feature is useful but with annoying vines it's never

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 02:36 PM
    If you switch to Reader mode it will prevent looping playback.
    07-22-14 05:51 PM