So I go to my buddies house for dinner last night and there is a tour, a storm and a two year old curve on the table.
    All three have verizon service and the curve beat my storm and my wives tour every time while rendering pages online. What a disappointment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 11:45 AM
    curves ftw
    09-01-09 11:50 AM
    I do enjoy my Curve!
    09-01-09 11:52 AM
    I wish I had a Curve but I would also take a Tour or a Storm, in that order.
    09-01-09 11:52 AM
    Next time...bring an iPhone to dinner lol, or...disable Java script Life's lesson learned
    09-01-09 12:02 PM
    Why disable java script? I'm a pretty avid reader but I have not heard this one.

09-01-09 12:39 PM
    Why disable java script? I'm a pretty avid reader but I have not heard this one.

Countless posts and threads regarding Javascript on the BlackBerry browser. It's known and proven to bog the devices down, so disabling it helps web pages load faster compared to when it is enabled.
    09-01-09 12:44 PM
    So I go to my buddies house for dinner last night and there is a tour, a storm and a two year old curve on the table.
    All three have verizon service and the curve beat my storm and my wives tour every time while rendering pages online. What a disappointment.

you must let me know your secret I can't talk my wife into a second wife or at least an au pair.
    09-01-09 12:47 PM
    The Curve is old reliable!
    09-01-09 12:56 PM
    you must let me know your secret I can't talk my wife into a second wife or at least an au pair.
    I live in Utah and, even though I am NOT one of them, more than a few guys here have figured out how to do it!

09-01-09 01:15 PM
    Countless posts and threads regarding Javascript on the BlackBerry browser. It's known and proven to bog the devices down, so disabling it helps web pages load faster compared to when it is enabled.
    Thanks for the tip on the javascript. Although, in terms of speed, my Tour loaded with Opera Mini DESTROYED the iPhone in rendering time.
    09-01-09 01:22 PM

It does bog down my storm when I don't use it pages load much faster and downloads less junk!

09-01-09 01:22 PM
    that's funny but one wife is plenty...in fact if you want mine......

Java script gone!

09-01-09 01:27 PM

Was it a significant difference? I'm in the middle of unwrapping my Tour and can't get the freakin' battery cover off .. wondering if I've made a mistake.
    09-01-09 03:04 PM
    Was it a significant difference? I'm in the middle of unwrapping my Tour and can't get the freakin' battery cover off .. wondering if I've made a mistake.
    If you had a iphone you wouldn't have to worry about a battery cover ,it might blow up in your face but no battery cover. LoL

09-01-09 03:46 PM
    Wouldn't worry about the speed of the rendering when the rendering looks horrid.
    09-01-09 07:32 PM
    I have a 3 curve and my buddy has a 3gs iphone. We did browser loading races and they both loaded very similarly fast.

09-01-09 07:38 PM
    all I know is that my Tour renders pages FAST, a lot faster then my old curve and my last storm I had. The Tour is the fastest phone I have ever had so far from Blackberry
    09-01-09 07:39 PM
    How do I disable Java?
    09-01-09 07:49 PM
    How do I disable Java?
    While in the browser hit bb key>options>browser configuration and make sure support java script is not checked.

09-02-09 05:22 AM
    I wouldn't call the Tour or Storm a "let down" just because of this one incident. I just upgraded to a Tour from a Curve 8330 (the 2nd one I bought) a month ago and I enjoy the benefits of the faster data speeds & processor, 3.2 camera, and screen resolution.

I like the Storm for its screen size and ability to switch between Sure Type & QWERTY, but I went back to another Curve for the physical keyboard and overall reliability. When the Tour came out, I got the best features out of the Storm & Curve (and Bold) in one device. I do miss my Curve sometimes!

09-02-09 08:01 AM
    I loved my old Curve. HOWEVER, you didnt mention the probable lack of apps on that particular Curve. That decreases speed considerably.
    09-02-09 08:27 AM
    My Curve is way faster than my Storm rendering pages, IMO the Curve might be the best smartphone RIM has ever produced. It'll be a sad day for me when I have to let it go....
    09-02-09 08:59 AM
    #1 tour and storm not a let down....but did let me down.
    #2 not lot of apps on the tour...actually probably same ones
    I do not know if the curve had java disabled...but the tour and the storm didn't.

DO NOT LET THIS POST STOP YOU FROM BUYING STORM OR TOUR� THEY ARE GREAT PHONES!

09-02-09 09:29 AM
    Another thing worth checking for browser speed is the Image Quality setting (the setting is in the same place you find the "enable javascript" setting). I have mine set to Low so pages will load faster. The images still look good enough to me at that setting.
    09-02-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD