I know a lot of people have missing emails/sms due to a memory problem but this is not the case with mine. I always have roughly 100mb of memory free as i have few applications on my phone.

Why have I lose all emails and text messages prior March 2010???

it doesn't make any sense, I have the setting to keep messages 'forever' and i got the phone over 1 year ago and up to about a month ago i could archive back to messages back then.

Since then I added google maps and done various battery pulls. i only noticed this past week my text and emails from prior to march 2010 are all missing from the device. what happened?

i cant figure it out. my phone crashed today while using google talk and the browser at the same time and i had to do a battery pull without switching the device off. but the emails were missing prior to this situation so i know it isn't cos of this.

also i have taken out the sim card and inserted a different sim about a month ago and it resent a blackberry message saying it was registered to the wireless network when i put my o2 sim back in.

I dont understand where have all the emails and texts gone?? it's like it suddenly decided to delete all things prior to march 8th 2010 but I have 100mb of memory!!

does using the applications like google browser etc dramatically reduces the memory? i find the device lags but i thought it was a processor problem trying to use googletalk and browsing both at the same time.
    04-30-10 06:52 PM
    What do you have "days to keep messages" set to in your message options?
    04-30-10 08:34 PM
    Its set to forever. It used to keep all my messages up until I think a month ago I had them back dated to when I got the phone over a tear ago. What could cause them to disappear?
    05-01-10 10:26 AM
    [QUOTE=pete101;5061921]I know a lot of people have missing emails/sms due to a memory problem but this is not the case with mine. I always have roughly 100mb of memory free as i have few applications on my phone.

Why have I lose all emails and text messages prior March 2010???

it doesn't make any sense, I have the setting to keep messages 'forever' and i got the phone over 1 year ago and up to about a month ago i could archive back to messages back then.

I dont understand where have all the emails and texts gone?? it's like it suddenly decided to delete all things prior to march 8th 2010 but I have 100mb of memory!!
    QUOTE]

Hi,

Just like to find out if there are any way to find out why this happened? I'm having similar issue now, was searching for an emails I've received 3 days ago and found all my emails are gone (except those since the pass 2 days are "intact"). Weird part is that my call logs and sms are intact, just emails are gone. I'm still able send and receive emails (till today, I've got only 3 days of mails sitting on my BB). I've checked with BES administrator and nothing had been change and other users aren't having the same issue. I've checked my BB status and there are over 130MB free space on handheld and over 500MB available on media.

I do see heaps "clock icon" appearingly lately and though restarting handheld (remove battery and sim) will resolve, then it return again after a few days.
    Other than this, everything is per normal and my setting haven't been changed since I've first use this BB about 9 months ago....

Would be great if anyone could share their finding on this.

Ohh... I'm using BB Bold.

Thanks
    Last edited by pengl; 07-16-10 at 09:11 PM. Reason: missing details
    07-16-10 09:10 PM
    If you have a backup from before the loss, you can do a restore and it should put them all back. You may lose the ones you received since. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD