I have a few hotmail accounts and last night I turned off my phone rather than putting it on 'silent' like I usually do. Just to try something different.

So this morning I woke up, turned on the phone, and expected a flood of messages to come through. None did. I looked in my hotmail accounts and, sure enough, there was new mail. :O

So I assume that if mail arrives when the phone is off, that mail will never arrive?

At least from hotmail. How about others?
    11-17-09 02:31 PM
    so they finally came through, more than an hour after turning the phone back on. Weird.
    11-17-09 03:14 PM
    BIS has been acting really spotty the last few days. Your issue is more than likely
    related to this.
    11-17-09 03:19 PM
    thanks. I'll have to do some more experimentation tonight.
    11-17-09 03:36 PM
    Your berry was sending you a not-too-subtle message: "don't turn me off!"

You upset the time / space continuum and have thrown your universe off kilter by attempting to be "unplugged". The Berry gods are angry and you must pay for your insolence.

What part of "Always on. Always connected." Is not to your liking?

Don't anger the BlackBerry. It's worse than a woman - if you ignore it, it WON'T be ignored. It will make you PAY!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 03:47 PM
    I know, I felt kind of weird myself turning the phone off completely. It was kind of like a piece of my soul had been temporarily removed.

I may have to perform a ritual to restore balance.
    11-17-09 03:51 PM
    Blackberries have an "off" switch?
    This must be a bug. I was not aware of such a "feature"
    11-17-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD