Hey all,
    I'm starting to get really frustrated by an email issue I've been having.
    I have comcast and gmail email addresses. I notoved that some of my comcast emails were gone from my phone after a while and wasn't noticing this with my gmail emails (althigh Tia does not mean it wasn't happening since at the time most emails were going to my comcast address).
    I was told thy I should use Gmail to get my comcast email and then all gmail and comcast mails would go thru gmail and be sent to the phone, and that works, however I am noticing the emails dissapearinh again, only this time they are gone after one to there days.
    When I added my comcast email to gmail, I also played with addng Labels on gmail emails and perhaps that is causing the problem? The only messages that seem to definitely stay on the phone are those that I save. I do not really think it is a memoret issue but can go back and delete some more programs if you guys think that could be the problem. Also my email has been set to delete on Handheld and device and set to handheld wins.
    Any thoughts on what can be causing my issues? I loc this storm and can't go back to not checking email anymore. Please help!
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 06:45 AM
    When memory gets low (maybe under 10 meg?), the phone will delete messages (email/sms/mms) to make more room. If you go to options>memory what is your Application Memory Free Space?

Also, what OS are you running?
    08-19-09 07:43 AM
    9.2 mb

BlackBerry� 9530
    smartphone (3G, CDMA)
    v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.51
    Branding Version: 1.0.105.53
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1

How do I free up memory?

08-19-09 11:46 AM
    On .148 a Battery Pull a Day, makes your Messages Stay.
    08-19-09 12:19 PM
    Is it programs that eat up memory or data? How do I manage it? I've been pulling the battery but there has to be something else I can do.

08-19-09 07:58 PM
    It's the programs/apps.

Make sure you're closing out of app, not just hitting the "end" button. Use the Blackberry/Menu button and select "close".
    08-19-09 09:48 PM
    Here's a link with some additional memory management suggestions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. As a side note, adding a media card will not improve your memory except that you can move pix and other media to it.

08-19-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD