I have three different email accounts on my BB Curve and have the default email set to my gmail account, under the default settings. When I go to compose an email it will sometimes revert back to my verizon email address or my school email address, which are the other two email accounts I have on the BB. What can I do to make sure that my emails that go out are always being sent by my gmail?
    Last edited by UGAgirlinATL; 09-20-09 at 07:57 PM.
    09-20-09 07:55 PM
    I've got the same problem, it's really annoying, as some of the contacts from one email address don't necessarily need to know the other addresses. Casual friends don't need my work email address, for instance. Work peeps don't need to know my personal address.

I set my gmail as default as well, but my Curve will try to send from random other accounts as well. The only answer I have found is to remember to check the header to be sure it's using the correct account.
    09-20-09 11:59 PM
    From my experience once you've altered the sending address for a particular contact that preference is remembered.

If a different address comes up when you enter a contact change it to the address you want to send from and that preference will be remembered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 05:30 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Default Services sets the normal default but as Mark-D states, the device "remembers" which account you used for previous emails to the same contact and that seems to override the normal defaults.
    09-21-09 07:03 AM
    Well I did just that and for some reason when I go to send pics is the only time it uses my school email address. No other time. I added this email account pretty recently so I'm not sure if hat has anything to do with it or not. But any time I take a pic with my BB and then Send as Email it always chooses the school account no matter how many times I change it. Thoughts?? Suggestions???
    09-21-09 07:39 AM
    Well I did just that and for some reason when I go to send pics is the only time it uses my school email address. No other time. I added this email account pretty recently so I'm not sure if hat has anything to do with it or not. But any time I take a pic with my BB and then Send as Email it always chooses the school account no matter how many times I change it. Thoughts?? Suggestions???
    That sounds like it will be solved by following GlenB's advice and setting the correct default address.
    09-21-09 09:13 AM
    The default address is set to the email address I want it to send from, however it still sends from the wrong address. Any other suggestions?
    09-21-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD