Hey everybody,

Hope your doing well. So, I just got a blackberry storm, and this website has been awesomely helpful. It has also saved me some money because without it, I'm sure my new phone and the wall would be acquainted by now.

Does anyone know if my old lg flip phone was more equipped to handle emails than my blackberry is, if so... uhh, wtf. Here's my questions: I get emails sent to my hotmail account and my blackberry is synced with my hotmail. When I get a new email, it shows up on my phone, when I delete an email, it deletes it from my hotmail. What I want to be able to do is to file an email through my pc's access to hotmail, and have it be moved to an appropriate folder on my BB-S. Or be able to do it from my BB-Storm and have it filed on my hotmail account.... what do we think? Possible?
    05-13-09 02:18 PM
    i dont know if you can do that. i know you can delete from your phone and not your actual email it says: on mailbox & handheld if you just delete it from handheld it will still be there when you log on via pc.
    05-13-09 02:29 PM
    yeah, but you'd think that since BB's are supposed to be all things business, it'd be able to file emails pretty easily. My old lg flip phone from 5 years ago did it for me no problem.
    05-13-09 02:32 PM
    Right now you can't file them, but you can save the message. BIS 5.0 is supposed to allow you to file the messages into custom folders. Or so I've read.
    05-13-09 02:36 PM
    Right now you can't file them, but you can save the message. BIS 5.0 is supposed to allow you to file the messages into custom folders. Or so I've read.
    Whats BIS? like an operating system? Any idea when thats supposed to come out?
    05-13-09 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service. It's what us personal users have while the other guys have BES (BlackBerry Enterprise). BES 5.0 is almost ready to roll or may already be out there. BIS 5.0 will follow shortly. It is the software that is on your phone. Highest version right now is 4.7.
    05-13-09 02:46 PM
    Lecture 2: BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com

in fact read this whole thing. Welcome to crackberry.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    05-13-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD