Hi.

I manage a Facebook page, and it allows you to update your page with entries sent via email, which is very convenient to me.
    It goes like this:

1. You type your entry in the email Subject area
    2. Attach a photo to the email (if you want it to appear on the page entry, of course)
    3. Send it to that special secret Facebook email address

Problem is Facebook charater entry limit is 420 characters, but the Subject text area from the Blackberry email system stops way before that!

Any way (maybe another email app?) that allows me to get over that "maximum subject character number" limitation?

Thanks!
    Last edited by andretoscano; 06-23-11 at 09:27 AM. Reason: improvement
    06-23-11 09:25 AM
    Why do you need to send an email, when you can update your page and post photos using the FaceBook app on BlackBerrys?
    06-23-11 04:40 PM
    Why do you need to send an email, when you can update your page and post photos using the FaceBook app on BlackBerrys?
    You can use the Facebook app on Blackberry to update/upload photos and entries to your personal profile. True.
    But for some reason, that functionality doesn't apply to Facebook Pages. You can get to the page, but then the "photo share" option is not there. You can only update the page with text.
    And the page I manage for some 15 thousand souls relies heavily on attached pictures and diagrams.

Also, it's more conveniently for me to use email, as I can write something on my laptop to be posted later on, save it as a synced draft in Gmail, and just send it when the time is right from wherever I am (althought, again, not through the Blackberry email app, as it trims and cuts the message on the Subject line).

I was just wondering why would the Blackberry's have these character limits on the Subject text field, as I haven't seen that implemented in any other platform.
    06-23-11 05:24 PM
    Use a link shortening website. Problem goes away!
    06-23-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD