wassup guys,

The title says it all, when my phone receives an email, it sends me the alert and notification but it shows up in my 'messages' folder and not in my actual email folder. I have no messages in my email folder yet as this phone is new so I haven't received any in as of yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,

Eddie
    09-23-11 09:03 AM
    wassup guys,

The title says it all, when my phone receives an email, it sends me the alert and notification but it shows up in my 'messages' folder and not in my actual email folder. I have no messages in my email folder yet as this phone is new so I haven't received any in as of yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,

Eddie
    Eddie,
    When you say that you are getting "email" in the message folder but not emial inbox, you are actually getting an email that you can open from someone and read? You say you are getting notifications and an alert but did not see where you actually say email??

If you have BIS as a data plan which you should if it is not a business acct, there should be no reason and I would call your carrier to see if there is anything they need to push to your phone to get your actual emaild delivered in your inbox like I do as well as my message folder on my new 9930.
    09-23-11 06:14 PM
    Eddie,
    When you say that you are getting "email" in the message folder but not emial inbox, you are actually getting an email that you can open from someone and read? You say you are getting notifications and an alert but did not see where you actually say email??

If you have BIS as a data plan which you should if it is not a business acct, there should be no reason and I would call your carrier to see if there is anything they need to push to your phone to get your actual emaild delivered in your inbox like I do as well as my message folder on my new 9930.
    When i rang up my service provider the other day they said i had around 300 messages that needed forwarding that were still on they're server and i still havnen't got them.

I receive the notification and noise its just that the email is in my messages folder and i want it to appear in my email folder..
    09-24-11 04:47 AM
    When i rang up my service provider the other day they said i had around 300 messages that needed forwarding that were still on they're server and i still havnen't got them.

I receive the notification and noise its just that the email is in my messages folder and i want it to appear in my email folder..
    Since you have an older device that has seperate email and message folders that you can combine or seperate and you have yours seperated I don't know not being familiar with Virgin why they can't forward those emails to you since you say they are on their server??

If they cannot then I don't know where to tell you to go from there unless you can access them from your CP by going to the email these emails are on and then get rid of them or forward them to your BB.

The notification and sound I can't help with unless you have an old OS version and may need to just wipe your device after a complete backup and reload your OS to see if this resolves your problem. Good luck with your issue.
    09-24-11 06:00 PM
    Since you have an older device that has seperate email and message folders that you can combine or seperate and you have yours seperated I don't know not being familiar with Virgin why they can't forward those emails to you since you say they are on their server??

If they cannot then I don't know where to tell you to go from there unless you can access them from your CP by going to the email these emails are on and then get rid of them or forward them to your BB.

The notification and sound I can't help with unless you have an old OS version and may need to just wipe your device after a complete backup and reload your OS to see if this resolves your problem. Good luck with your issue.
    i've sorted it out now, apparently it was just a temp problem, thanks anyway man
    09-24-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD