I posted this originally in the Native Apps section and had about 100 views but no replies so I'm hoping to get some help on this as it is driving me up the wall.

I am new to BB so I could've had an issue somewhere along in the setup but I have gone back over all the choices multiple times to see where I could've made a mistake. If I get an email (gmail acct - not using gmail app) on my BB and I delete on my handheld/mailbox it will delete on the handheld but not in the mailbox. Also if I delete an email on mailbox it doesn't update/ delete on my phone. I just came over from an iPhone and when I would delete emails on the iphone it would delete from my gmail mailbox as well and also when I deleted from the mailbox it would update as deleted on the iphone. I'm pretty sure my actual mailbox settings for gmail are correct, but I'm guessing somewhere along the line on my phone the settings are not correct. I used the email setup wizard to add my gmail acct. Any help will help.
    03-26-10 12:22 PM
    Gmail currently doesn't do do 2way sync. That is coming with BIS3.0 which should be here at the end of the month. (outage is Sunday morning I believe)
    03-26-10 12:32 PM
    Gmail currently doesn't do do 2way sync. That is coming with BIS3.0 which should be here at the end of the month. (outage is Sunday morning I believe)
    I have other friends with BBs and gmail and their accounts sync this way. I tested it last night with a friend on T Mobile who has gmail. I sent her an email she got it on her phone and in the mailbox. Deleted it on her BB and chose the option delete on handheld and mailbox and it worked. Is it just carrier dependent?
    03-26-10 12:39 PM
    I also find it hard to believe that one of the largest email providers doesn't have this feature for BB users? Something doesn't seem right there. As I stated with my iPhone everything worked great.
    03-26-10 12:40 PM
    It shouldn't be carrier dependent. Log into the BIS server and see if the option is there. I would also check the message options on your phone to make it isn't set to only delete on the phone.
    03-26-10 12:46 PM
    There is an option somewhere to delete on the server only, the phone only, or both. Mine asks when I delete but I think you can set it one way.
    03-26-10 12:53 PM
    I heard it stays on our BBerries unless we log into the desktop of BIS and uncheck it. It is annoying to delete it twice. This is very helpful below. If anything has changed with this, let me know, but I, too, have to delete it on handheld if not the BES
    KB13509-How to reconcile email messages between the messaging server and the BlackBerry smartphone
    05-31-11 03:22 PM
    I heard it stays on our BBerries unless we log into the desktop of BIS and uncheck it. It is annoying to delete it twice. This is very helpful below. If anything has changed with this, let me know, but I, too, have to delete it on handheld if not the BES
    How to reconcile email messages between the messaging server and the BlackBerry smartphone[/url]
    Thank you for link. Very useful and explains a lot since all mail goes through BB private server.
    Equus712 likes this.
    05-31-11 05:42 PM
    Thank you for link. Very useful and explains a lot since all mail goes through BB private server.
    You are most welcome. I run into this all the time. You would think by now, RIM would make it like an iPhone that always seems to sync. I don't understand why they can't.....annoying to delete twice...
    05-31-11 05:59 PM
    I posted this originally in the Native Apps section and had about 100 views but no replies so I'm hoping to get some help on this as it is driving me up the wall.

I am new to BB so I could've had an issue somewhere along in the setup but I have gone back over all the choices multiple times to see where I could've made a mistake. If I get an email (gmail acct - not using gmail app) on my BB and I delete on my handheld/mailbox it will delete on the handheld but not in the mailbox. Also if I delete an email on mailbox it doesn't update/ delete on my phone. I just came over from an iPhone and when I would delete emails on the iphone it would delete from my gmail mailbox as well and also when I deleted from the mailbox it would update as deleted on the iphone. I'm pretty sure my actual mailbox settings for gmail are correct, but I'm guessing somewhere along the line on my phone the settings are not correct. I used the email setup wizard to add my gmail acct. Any help will help.
    Whatever your BlackBerry device is whther with AT&T or VZW or even Sprint if you have a gmail acct. set up as you said it sounds as if you did it correctly and it WILL delete both ways, your device and server if this is what you choose when it asks you as opposed to just handheld.

A few things to look for... Make sure you have all 3 items on BIS checked ... Contacts, calendar and delete checked. More importantly go into your gmail settings and make very sure you have it set up for IMAP and not POP3

This is real important and you should not have any trouble. Good luck and report back if you get in resolved to your satisfaction.
    05-31-11 06:22 PM
    Hi Jaquar. Seems we need to log into the BIS to do this...it doesn't just do it like the iPhone, sadly. So need the desktop first to log into BIS. BTW....yr cat photo is beautiful.
    05-31-11 06:30 PM
    Hi Jaquar. Seems we need to log into the BIS to do this...it doesn't just do it like the iPhone, sadly. So need the desktop first to log into BIS. BTW....yr cat photo is beautiful.
    I don't know about what you are referring to about desktop? You simply need to go to your carriers BIS acct. through the internet and log in. Usually your BB phone number and a private password you set up. If you are not familar call your carrier to get the BIS address for your carrier and you can find everything you can do from there including what I mentioned already.
    Thank you for my Avatar compliment.
    05-31-11 06:45 PM
    odd problem, I tried logging into my BIS account with luck so I had them send me my password via the PIN I entered.

and in that message, it shows no characters for the password.

very odd....

having to go and archive the messages on my computer and hand held is not fun.
    09-05-11 12:59 PM
    @OP, is this the option your looking for? I noticed when I set up my hotmail to my phone this option wasnt chosen for whatever reason... Go to your mail or messages icon, click the Blackberry menu button, click options, click email reconciliation, then under the heading "folder management" where it says "Delete on" it will either say "Handheld", "Mailbox and Handheld" or "Prompt" Chose either Mailbox and Handheld or Prompt for it to either delete on both mail box and handheld or to gain access to a prompt window asking you if you want to delete on both mail boxes when you try to delete mail from your Blackberry. Instructions are for OS7. Hope I helped and If I did, you know where the Thanks button is! Any other questions feel free to PM me! Take care!
    09-05-11 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD