After four months without a Blackberry I bought a Blackberry Storm off of craigslist last week. Phone is great and so far love it, however the owner had three email accounts that are already setup. I took the phone to Verizon and all the guy knew how to do was hide the icons that had been created. I would like to delete these all together. Is this possible to do? Second question is when I try to create my own email it keeps refering back to the one he has alread created (he had a gmail account, I have a gmail account also). Thanks to anyone who can help.
    05-25-09 08:37 PM
    To delete his email accounts, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > and delete anything related to his account. This sounds like it's still registered to him (the PIN) and if it is, you're going to run into some trouble...
    05-25-09 08:40 PM
    savioAMG - I have followed your instructions then when I go to setup my account it comes back with PIN is already associated with an account.
    05-25-09 08:48 PM
    You will have to get ahold of the seller, if you can, and have him contact them to release the PIN.
    05-25-09 08:50 PM
    Thanks michealwpg - I will try to get ahold of him and see if he can do that, but because I purchased this off of craigslist might make it hard to contact him. Who would he need to contact if I do get ahold of him?

Again thanks for all the help.
    05-25-09 08:55 PM
    Customer service with whatever carrier he was with, I believe.

Good Luck
    05-25-09 08:59 PM
    Thank you very much, I will try to get ahold of him.
    05-25-09 09:00 PM
    Thanks michealwpg - I will try to get ahold of him and see if he can do that, but because I purchased this off of craigslist might make it hard to contact him. Who would he need to contact if I do get ahold of him?

Again thanks for all the help.
    He was a Verizon customer as are you? If that is the case, then Verizon can get RIM to release the PIN. Call verizon and get to Blackberry support, let them know you bought a used BB, and it still has the last customer's PIN associated to it and that you need them to get the PIN released by RIM. If both of you are Verizon customers you'll be fine, IF the seller was a Bell or Telus customer and the Storm is not Verizon they MAY give you some trouble, but be persistent, it CAN be easily fixed RIM just has to release the PIN.
    05-25-09 09:05 PM
    Thank you very much, yes we were both verizon customers as I did talk to him about that. I will call them tomorrow and hope that this works. Thanks for your help, I am new to all this and have been reading the tips and tricks, its been a great help. This is a great site to help guide you in the right direction.
    05-25-09 09:10 PM
    Thank you very much, yes we were both verizon customers as I did talk to him about that. I will call them tomorrow and hope that this works. Thanks for your help, I am new to all this and have been reading the tips and tricks, its been a great help. This is a great site to help guide you in the right direction.
    That's what we, or at least I, am here for, to help other people with what I've learned here. Just passing it along. If you ever need help, feel fre to PM me, or you can check out the link in my sig, it's PK's thread, but I help out here and there as well.
    05-25-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD