Right, just bought a new blackberry on Orange and had it unlocked so i can use my O2 sim card in it. It works and all (I just can't use bbm ), the internet didn't work but now it's started working however, facebook on the browser doesn't load and i downloaded the app and that too doesn't work, it says 'The XML is not well formed' does anyone have any ideas as to how to make it work and what to do? :/
    Second question I'm stuck on is setting up email, i have followed all the instructions on how to do it but when i click on Email set up, i don't have the option of setting up a personal email account, only a business one?
    Please help!
    Thank you!
    07-22-10 01:37 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan (BIS) from your carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-22-10 02:06 PM
    Does that mean I need to change my contract? Because the one I have at the minute includes free internet :/
    07-22-10 02:10 PM
    You cannot use the browser, get push email, or use any of the native apps (BlackBerry Messenger, App World) without a BlackBerry data plan. Your generic data plan will not allow it.

07-22-10 02:18 PM
    How come Twitter on the browser works and all other websites on the browser work but the Twitter app doesn't and neither does facebook on the browser or as an app :S
    07-22-10 02:34 PM
    How come Twitter on the browser works and all other websites on the browser work but the Twitter app doesn't and neither does facebook on the browser or as an app :S
    The native RIM apps (Twitter, Facebook, BlackBerry Messenger) go through RIM's servers. You cannot use them without a BlackBerry data plan. No BIS=no service books.

07-22-10 02:37 PM
    Hi. Charr, it sounds as though you are in the UK.

Looks like you are browsing with O2's standard wap service, but you'd need a blackberry data bolt-on (as O2 call it) to access all the BIS stuff.
    07-22-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD