Hi Marlo,
    Thanks for your reply.The blackberry is for my son who is currently spending time with his father(my husband) that works with UNICEF in West Africa.I will love it mailed to them.
    I will be paying you through paypal or orionpay money order. Orionpay is fast, very reliable and delivering cash at doorstep. All it requires is your full information name and full address(city,zipcode and state).
    I will be paying you a total of $300 to cover both your cost price and shipping to west africa.
    Please get back to me and let me know.

Jessica.
    10-14-08 12:55 PM
    Hi Marlo,
    Thanks for your reply.The blackberry is for my son who is currently spending time with his father(my husband) that works with UNICEF in West Africa.I will love it mailed to them.
    I will be paying you through paypal or orionpay money order. Orionpay is fast, very reliable and delivering cash at doorstep. All it requires is your full information name and full address(city,zipcode and state).
    I will be paying you a total of $300 to cover both your cost price and shipping to west africa.
    Please get back to me and let me know.

Jessica.
    how do you now it's a scam?
    10-14-08 12:58 PM
    Lol I'm trying to sell a blackberry on there and that's all I get is spam like that. So finally I made my email address annoy and make them call if they want.

Funny none the less

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 01:02 PM
    It just sounds scammy. She is willing to pay $100 over the cost. I have no pics posted for the item and she didn't even request any.
    10-14-08 01:08 PM
    do not even think of taking her up on her offer to pay you an extra 100 dollars and send your bb to Africa. It is a scam because all of them reads the same way. A year or so back they were all over the SFbayarea Cl, a lot pf people got scammed because they thought they were getting extra money. That is why CL states buy and sell locally.
    10-14-08 01:13 PM
    I got two blackberry boxes for sale an 8130 and an 8330 and i will ship anywhere once the check clears
    10-14-08 01:14 PM
    do not even think of taking her up on her offer to pay you an extra 100 dollars and send your bb to Africa. It is a scam because all of them reads the same way. A year or so back they were all over the SFbayarea Cl, a lot pf people got scammed because they thought they were getting extra money. That is why CL states buy and sell locally.
    How would the scam work?
    10-14-08 01:14 PM
    Stolen credit cards. Same as AVON scams.

10-14-08 01:16 PM
    I have no plans on sending the phone to Africa. I emailed her back to see if she was local. I told her we could meet up and make the exchange. That way she could see what the condition of the phone was.

My wife works for an apparel company that has lot of international customers and she says they get "sale opportunities" similar to this all the time.

When I first read the email, I was like "oh no you didn't!!" Then I emailed my wife and we both laughed about it!
    10-14-08 01:24 PM
    They will send you a check that will clear and then two or three days later the bank will get a notice that it is fake and take the funds right back out of your account.... Happens ALL the time.. Be afraid be very afraid
    10-14-08 02:15 PM
    Not worth it to me.... I wouldn't do it. I also agree, leave a number have them call, email are mostly spam....
    10-14-08 02:19 PM
    You must be new around here (here being the Internet)
    10-14-08 02:23 PM
    They will send you a check that will clear and then two or three days later the bank will get a notice that it is fake and take the funds right back out of your account.... Happens ALL the time.. Be afraid be very afraid
    wow. people are scammers!
    10-14-08 02:24 PM
    LOL. na, i'm not. i just don't sell things much. the UNICEF part would get me and i'd feel sor them and believe! ha. a sob story always gets me.
    10-14-08 02:25 PM
    This is not new.

10-14-08 02:25 PM
    Sounds like a killer deal! I've got a couple to sell as well, will you pass my information along? I wonder if they know the Nigerian prince who is supposed to give me millions of dollars
    10-14-08 02:27 PM
    People run this scam for all kinds of things. When I worked at a bank I had a guy fall for this, lost his car and an extra $5,000. Then he blamed us for not telling him it could be a scam.....someone offered him $10,000 for a beat up POS and he blamed the bank...
    10-14-08 02:31 PM
    There are scammers like this all over Craigs list, it's rather odd.

My mum, at one point, was looking to rent a room. She had at least 7 responses, all in the same format, from people claiming to be overseas for work. Every single email said that the prospective renter wanted to ship over a Dell plasma TV, either a BMW or a Mercedes (they even included the colour of the vehicle in each email) and "books." They also wanted to pay to reserve the room with a cashier's cheque. I'm not sure exactly what the scammers were to benefit from this particular situation, but it was very bizarre.
    10-14-08 02:32 PM
    There are scammers like this all over Craigs list, it's rather odd.

My mum, at one point, was looking to rent a room. She had at least 7 responses, all in the same format, from people claiming to be overseas for work. Every single email said that the prospective renter wanted to ship over a Dell plasma TV, either a BMW or a Mercedes (they even included the colour of the vehicle in each email) and "books." They also wanted to pay to reserve the room with a cashier's cheque. I'm not sure exactly what the scammers were to benefit from this particular situation, but it was very bizarre.
    Well I was thinking the same thing with this Jessica chick. So what if I give my home address it doesn't have my other info.

Think about it like this if they can't get all the info up front then it is a process of elimination or how can I narrow down the long list of people with the same name to get to this one person.

All this person has on me right now is a name, email and city....rather vague. If they get a physical address, possible phone number...a little narrower now. Next thing to show up at the house is something that requires SSN# or a purchase with credit card.

Predators use the same logic when stalking over the internet. How can the info be gotten without being exposed. It is potentially long and extensive process true, but the payoff is decent if they succeed. And then they are ghost...bye bye bye, bang bang!
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 10-14-08 at 02:53 PM.
    10-14-08 02:51 PM
    Well I was thinking the same thing with this Jessica chick. So what if I give my home address it doesn't have my other info.

Think about it like this if they can't get all the info up front then it is a process of elimination or how can I narrow down the long list of people with the same name to get to this one person.

All this person has on me right now is a name, email and city....rather vague. If they get a physical address, possible phone number...a little narrower now. Next thing to show up at the house is something that requires SSN# or a purchase with credit card.

Predators use the same logic when stalking over the internet. How can the info be gotten without being exposed. It is potentially long and extensive process true, but the payoff is decent if they succeed. And then they are ghost...bye bye bye, bang bang!
    Interesting.... It's a wonder that karma doesn't catch up with these types of people....
    10-14-08 02:55 PM
    I am just glad i was in the right line when God was handing out brains!

But dang, I still have this Pink Pearl!

Oh well at least I am not out $400 dollars.
    10-14-08 03:20 PM
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Come on now! These scammers bug the living h3ll out of me! Sad that people fall for them

10-14-08 04:32 PM
    I am just glad i was in the right line when God was handing out brains!
    Lmao. Well said.

10-14-08 05:09 PM
    Anything for sale that requires shipping overseas I say 'goodbye'. 99% of the time it's a scam.
    10-14-08 05:36 PM
    I know that scammers go for volume and want to respond to as many posts as necessary, but it bugs me when I'll be selling something for $20 and I still get scam responses. I mean, I expect it when I'm selling something expensive, but it bugs me for a $20 item.
    10-14-08 05:39 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD