I stopped receiving my hotmail emails on my curve. any suggestions??????
    12-22-08 04:25 PM
    try resending service books
    12-22-08 04:47 PM
    Here are a couple steps to try:

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

And here are good browser settings for you:

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 04:55 PM
    Went with the service books and it still didn't work. I ran the set-up wizard again and it said my email account was invalid. All I had to do was validate it. It works like a charm now. Any reason why it would go invalid all of a sudden?
    Thanks
    12-22-08 05:50 PM
    No idea what causes it but my sister-in-law has the same issues with live.com email on her Curve through Verizon. It has happened two or three times in two months.

12-22-08 06:58 PM
    Same thing happened to me with Hotmail. It seems like its happening to a lot of people right now. Validating the account is what worked for me too.

12-22-08 07:21 PM
    no offense to hotmail users, but because hotmail is a free service it could very well be something on there end, I no longer use hotmail all the email clients i have are throu my ISP, its much more reliable that way.

hotmail is not the greatest but its not the worst ethior
    12-22-08 07:24 PM
    It was definately a hotmail issue. I use 2 emails and the hotmail one was the only with trouble. I had it last week on my Bold. All I had to do was re-enter my password for some reason. It said my password was invalid at first then I re-entered it and received 14 of my emails.

12-22-08 07:33 PM
    if you can try to phase out of hotmail, or would that be to hard to do?
    12-22-08 07:34 PM
    You have to re-validate your hotmail acct every 30 days? It is a hotmail thing. For this reason I have my hotmail acct forwarded to a gmail acct and I don't have this problem!
    12-22-08 07:35 PM
    Had the same problems earlier yesterday with not being able to send mail through any of my accounts that had registered thru the BIS site. Simply just sent the service books again but then said needed to re-enter my passwords for the hotmail accounts & all other accounts came up fine. Long live Bberry & Curve
    12-22-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD