I just got a blackberry friday, so far it has been great. The only thing i don't get is it is taking a while for my emails to get through to my phone. I have a .edu email that the problem. somebody please help.
    06-21-09 01:44 PM
    Don't know what "awhile" is...would you please elaborate?
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-21-09 at 02:49 PM.
    06-21-09 02:40 PM
    sorry i did not specify a certain time limit but I would say 10-15 minutes from when i originally get an email in my inbox to when it shows up on my BB thank you
    06-21-09 07:43 PM
    That's how BlackBerry email works.

The RIM server checks your email server every 15 minutes for new messages. If it finds any, it pushes them to the device.

Then it checks again in 2 minutes. If it finds any, it pushes them to the device.

If not, it checks again in 15 minutes.

Some email types (namely GMail, Yahoo, AOL, and handful of others) push nearly instantly.
    06-21-09 08:55 PM
    what about this mourning i turned my device on and woke up to no new emails but when I checked on my laptop i had two new unopened emails there
    06-22-09 09:25 AM
    I have a general email question, this might not be the right thread but I'll ask anyway:
    I live in Germany and just bought a Storm 9500 on Ebay. In Germany the only service provider that sells Blackberry is Vodafone. I'm with T-Mobile. From what I've read I need to access a BIS in order to be able to receive email to my Phone. Now I'm thinking if T-Mobile does not sell Blackberrys, chances are they don't operate a BIS. Right?
    Isn't there an "easy" way to get emails directly to a phone via some POP3 deal, similar to how I can use Outlook to manage several web email adresses or am I just out of luck?
    Thanks in advance
    06-23-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD