When I send an email to someone in my contacts list, it fails and I get the following message "Message included an invalid email address".

If I type the email address of someone not in my contacts list then the email goes through without a problem.

Any ideas on this problem?
    Blackberry 8330 user.
    01-27-09 10:04 PM
    I've had that happen once or twice. I deleted the contact and recreated it and the problem went away. That's not a good solution if it's happening to your entire contact database...
    01-27-09 10:08 PM
    If i remove the Last name in a contacts entry (i.e. leave it blank). I can successfully email that person in my contacts list. Put the last name in and the email does't go through.

That's a strange one.
    Does Blackberry have someplace to report these bugs?
    01-27-09 11:28 PM
    What OS version are you using? Are you synching with Outlook, or some other PIM? The 8330 OS is very stable, and used by hundreds of thousands of users. It's very unlikely that you've uncovered such a significant bug in a major component of the OS. It's much more likely to be a simple glitch on your device. Have you done a battery pull to reboot? Have you tried deleting and recreating the contact?
    01-28-09 05:57 AM
    I have tried a battery pull reboot and tried deleting then re-adding the contact. So far none of these have worked other then leaving the last name field blank in the contacts list.

It's a weird glitch.
    Is it worth it upgrading to the latest version?
    01-28-09 07:51 PM
    I seriously doubt it has anything to do with 4.5.0.77 specifically. Reinstalling 4.5.0.77 or installing 4.5.0.89 either should fix it, unless it's caused by the PIM you're synching to. Are you syncing to Outlook or something else or nothing?
    01-28-09 09:50 PM
    Right now I'm not syncing my emails.

If you re-install the OS or upgrade it, I assuming you would have to re-enter all settings.

Thanks for the help.
    01-28-09 10:16 PM
    Right now I'm not syncing my emails.

If you re-install the OS or upgrade it, I assuming you would have to re-enter all settings.

Thanks for the help.
    Yes, you would need to make two separate backups, one of your personal data using DM and another one of your 3rd party apps, using the procedure found in the How To and Faq forum.
    01-28-09 10:23 PM
    Hey guys-im having the same damn prob w/my curve to sending/forward/compose emails--so u fixd urs by removing the last name out of the "last name" field--ok so, bcuz i have a few donna's and michelle's in my fam i need last name so i dont confuse them, have you tried putting the last name in with the first name field? is it possbl that might work? i use an email group list so i dont have to enter 1by1-and like you-ive tried resending serv book/batt pull/blah blah.....and nothing worked either. strange thing is, if i entered the names 1by1 to compose/forward and email-it goes thru no probs! i dont get it! strange glych.
    02-06-09 11:01 AM
    just to follow up on this-ive tried forwarding w/last name in "l/n field" - i then moved the l/n to the f/n field - finally cut l/n to just the 1st letter next to the 1st name - all did not work. still "X" msg invalid blah blah blah...man this i annoying! BUT if i type each contact in the "to" field 1by1 its send no prob- WTF?! i give up.
    02-06-09 11:33 AM
    After seeing this come up a second time, I asked the other Mods if they had seen it. Their suggestion was for you to contact your Carrier. It is likely a Carrier or RIM issue.
    02-06-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD