I have a Storm and I am trying to set up an email with any luck. I currently have an email account with tds metro com. My email would be something like '[email protected]'. The tds is now using google to power their email account.

Now I have tried two different ways to set up the email account and both give the same error "update failed".

Since it is powered through google, I tried that route by using gmail, but I get the "update failed" error. I have tried the other email set up too, but I get same error.

Any ideas????
    08-25-09 08:15 PM
    I have a Storm and I am trying to set up an email with any luck. I currently have an email account with tds metro com. My email would be something like '[email protected]'. The tds is now using google to power their email account.

Now I have tried two different ways to set up the email account and both give the same error "update failed".

Since it is powered through google, I tried that route by using gmail, but I get the "update failed" error. I have tried the other email set up too, but I get same error.

Any ideas????
    How did you attempt to setup your email? Did you go to BlackBerry Internet Service If not, try going to that website and create a username/password (if you haven't already). The directions should be pretty simple. Hope this helps.
    08-25-09 08:45 PM
    Use "Other" option in BIS and enable "POP3/IMAP" option in your TDS account under "Settings".
    08-26-09 04:13 AM
    Well I went the BIS via the BB web browser and that did the trick. I didn't realized that was such a headache since tds mail is hooked up with google.

Thank you very much for the help.
    08-26-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD