i recently had to reformat my 8900 and without setting up my gmail over BIS i was already recieving emails in my messages folder. i checked the bis site and i had no email set up there. after adding my gmail account i now recieve the email in my gmail email folder but and a copy of it in the messages folder. the problem is that i also receive a second copy of the email in my messages folder giving me a total of 1 in the email folder and 2 in the messages folder which both have to be read individually and deleted individually.

any idea where this 2nd email is coming from? and how to get rid of it?
    02-05-10 01:41 PM
    i recently had to reformat my 8900 and without setting up my gmail over BIS i was already recieving emails in my messages folder. i checked the bis site and i had no email set up there. after adding my gmail account i now recieve the email in my gmail email folder but and a copy of it in the messages folder. the problem is that i also receive a second copy of the email in my messages folder giving me a total of 1 in the email folder and 2 in the messages folder which both have to be read individually and deleted individually.

any idea where this 2nd email is coming from? and how to get rid of it?
    Just hide the folder you don't want to see. When you are showing both folders the device will show the new messages for each. So your message folder comprises all you email accounts. So what ever you get in your email will show in your gmail. Just hide the gmail icon or vice versa and then you'll only see one message when it comes.
    02-05-10 02:56 PM
    thanks, tried hiding but it didn't help. i still receive the email alerts for all. for example if i recieve 2 new emails from gmail i recieve an alert saying i have 4 unread emails. when i open the gmail folder i have the 2 new emails there, however when i read them i still have an alert for 2 unread emails. these are the 2 duplicates of the emails that are in the messages folders which also contains the 2 originals that are marked as read. hope you can follow that. so i have to go into the messages folder to delete the duplicates to get rid of the unread messages alert.
    02-05-10 03:15 PM
    Have you installed the extra gmail feature? Its a add on. You should have received the link, when you registered your gmail address with your bb. It allows you to delete your messages on your handheld and mailbox. So you wont have multiple mails. Hope this helps
    02-06-10 02:52 AM
    have the extra gmail feature but still recieving the duplicate copies of the emails.
    02-06-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD