I have a BB 8330, I originally set up the BB to accept my Comcast email account. It worked fine. I later added my gmail account. I began receiving the same email to each account, even though it was only sent to one or the other. I then deleted my gmail account from the BB and then downloaded the google app. And then finally opened my gmail account thru the google app. I am still receiving an email to both comcast and gmail even though it is only being sent to one or the other. I really don't understand. I know there must be a bunch of people out there who can explain the stupid mistake I have made. I won't be insulted, please help.
    Stripes8321
    03-28-09 08:50 PM
    Hmmm try going into the email settings and instead of using the theme controlled setting try setting it to seperate. This will also give the sms and mms messages their own icon outside the general messages icon this could solve the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:11 PM
    Are you sure your not getting it confused with the messages folder? The messages folder receives everything from pin messages to sms mms and bbm. You should have a folder for gmail, one for comcast and a messages folder. When you receive an email and pull the device out of the holster immediately it shows it in the messages folder. What I do is seperate the folders like reaper said. Go to messages folder open it and hit the menu key select options. Then general options and scroll to where the sms and email inboxes are. Change this to separate. Hit back key and save. Now go back to the app screen that shows all the icons. Highlight the messages folder and hit menu key, select hide. Now it will appear that each inbox will be the only one getting the email.
    03-29-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD