Is there a hack to change how often pop email is received? I am a Verizon customer.

If I get a Blackberry email account, is it more frequent?

I really need to up the frequency of my pop3 emails.

G-Man
    12-19-08 01:54 PM
    Are you trying to make your email arrive faster?

Mine is almost instantaneous and I even get them on my Berry before they show up in my mailbox most of the time.

I just did a test and it took 7.78 seconds from the time I hit send to the time it showed up on my berry.

The only way I could make it faster is through time travel.
    12-19-08 01:59 PM
    R U using a pop email, BB email, or a BB Enterprise server? At work, the email from the Enterprise server arrives before Outlook.
    12-19-08 02:01 PM
    mine are fast
    well most of the time it is
    hotmail is slow for me
    sometimes i dont receive it on my phone at hall, have to check email n itll be there not on phone blehs
    12-19-08 02:04 PM
    I am using my companies pop3 and my personal gmail account.
    12-19-08 02:05 PM
    I just set up a BB email account. It is FAST. Wish I could get my others that fast! Thanks for the info.
    12-19-08 02:48 PM
    Personally, Yahoo mail has worked excellent for me ever since I started to use Blackberry. When I had my 8703 it was a bit rough but once I switched to AT&T and got my Curve it began to get way better. With the Bold the same thing.
    12-19-08 03:57 PM
    The problem is I have my own domain and pop emails. All my customers have this email, and my business cards have this. I really don't want to make a global change in email. I was hoping maybe there was a hack to increase the send/receive to every 5 minutes.
    12-19-08 10:37 PM
    You're not understanding how the push email works. Set up your Verizon [email protected] and forward your mail from your account to that email. It will come to your phone as soon as it hits your mailbox. No need to "fetch" your email on any schedule.

claire
    12-20-08 07:30 PM
    On the opposite end of this topic, is there a way to reduce the frequency of emails for a specific account? I have several emails coming to my BB but I want one of them to be checked only once or twice a day. So I want this account checked once or twice a day and the others left intact, receiving messages as they come in. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by MemeHermetic; 04-14-09 at 12:20 PM.
    04-14-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD