Hi guys,

Just got my first blackberry a couple of days ago. Its a Tour from US Cellular.
    Have been reading this cite since then instead of studying
    went through the 101s and some how to's and tips and seems like for now I got through some basic setup, but have one major issue.

I can't receive my .edu e-mail that is forwarded to gmail
    The threads I found on the topic have not helped so here it is the question

I set up my gmail through BIS using IMAP and get all e-mails that are sent to gmail except for those that are forwarded from school.edu

My school does not allow for pop3 or IMAP so I have a rule set up on the school's e-mail that forwards all incoming e-mail to my gmail.

In Gmail under "settings > Accounts and Imports" I also have the option set up to be able to Reply using the school.edu account. However since I rarely use it, the option is set up to Reply from default address, which is gmail.

My problem is that I am not receiving the school.edu emails on the BB.
    The show up in the inbox in gmail on the computer and in the gmail mobile app
    but not to the BB mailbox

Just to give as much detail as possible I'll put this another way
    Myname@gmail.comis set through BIS and works on BB

Myname@school.edu forwards all e-mails to Myname@gmail.com

Gmail allows to reply as either Myname@gmail.com (default) or as Myname@school.edu

The option in the settings > Accounts and Imports is set to always reply using the default address, thus if I need, I can change the send from address when I'm actually composing the reply message.

Problem: E-mails sent come to gmail from Myname@school.edu do not show up on BB.

I found this thread - forums.crackberry.com/f72/how-receive-all-email-accounts-gmail-333837/ , which did not help since it says to change the Account and Imports setting to what I currently have.

Also found this thread - forums.crackberry.com/f141/issue-email-forwarded-gmail-then-syncronized-blackberry-295542/which says I have to delete the school.edu from Gmail accounts and Imports.

Is there any way to avoid deleting this addreess from gmail to receive the forwarded myname@school.edu emails on BB
    I want to have the ability to send e-mails from the school address in gmail.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to make sure that I'm actually explaining my problem. I spent hours on this and have not found an answer.

P.S.
    This is not as urgent:

I also have my gmail fetch other outside e-mail accounts using pop3 in Settings > Accounts and Imports. They similarly don't show up on BB.
    I would like to be able to get them without having to set them all up on the device.

Thanks all
    11-05-09 01:54 AM
    bump
    please help
    11-05-09 07:54 PM
    I dealt with the same thing when I was in college. I actually called RIM tech support and one of their reps set me up. I don't know how he did it, but he did. I tried Verizon first, but they couldn't help.

Give RIM's tech support a call.

Edit: IIRC, he set it up so that it used my gmail account.
    Last edited by jabo052; 11-05-09 at 08:38 PM.
    11-05-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD